| 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 |

Luigi's POV

I woke up to the sound of a knock on my room door. I sat up and watched a koopa walk in with a plate of breakfast.

"The King requests your presence at 5:30." The koopa said, placing the food down on my bed.

Another koopa came in with a few pieces of clothing.

"We'll be waiting for you outside your room, sir." The other koopa said.

The two of them stepped outside my room. I took a look at the clothes that were given to me. I was given a black suit jacket with gold embroidering. The pants were pitch black along with the dress shoes I was given.

After finishing my breakfast, I proceeded to wash up and tried to make my hair look as neat as possible.

I didn't realize how tight the outfit would be until I actually had it on. It's probably the most expensive thing I ever wore. I headed out the room and the two henchmen escorted me to the throne room.

I noticed a smaller chair was added next to Bowser's large chair. I walked up to my seat and sat down. The two henchmen stepped out of the room leaving me alone with Bowser.

"So... Do you always get up this early?" I asked.

"Yes. I used to be able to sleep in more but our schedule changed overtime. It feels like my henchmen are becoming less and less competent." He grumbled.

"I see. So, what do you do when you're not here working?" I asked.

"I sleep."

"That's all?"

"I usually don't have time for hobbies. If I'm not sleeping, I'm making plans for the next day." He said with a sigh.

He handed me a small notepad and a pen.

"This is so you can take notes while I work. Remember, you're here to watch only. I want to hear your feedback in a few days."

"Got it." I said, as I began jotting in the notepad.

I looked back up at Bowser, who had an eyebrow raised at me.

"What are you jotting? I haven't even started yet."

"I know, but the conversation we had just now gave me an idea of what might be going wrong here." I stated, as I continued to jot.

"It did?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

I simply nodded as I continued writing in the notepad. Bowser leaned closer to my chair, in an attempt to see what I was writing.

"Let me see." He demanded.

"You said you wanted to hear my feedback in a few days. You'll just have to wait." I stated.

He huffed in his seat, leaning his face on his balled up fist.

"I still can't believe I agreed to this." He grumbled under his breath.

I stared at his annoyed ticked off face.

"Do you hang out with any friends here at the Lava Kingdom?"

"Does it look like I have time for that kind of thing?" He asked sarcastically.

"I'm gonna take that as a no." I mumbled.

"What was your first clue?"

For some reason, I got the feeling his sarcastic responses were coming from a place of bitterness and resentment.

"So... you don't have any friends? Like, at all?" I asked him.

"Well, when you put it like that... No. I suppose I don't"