| 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 |

Luigi's POV

Ever since Mario and the Princess headed back, me and Bowser had been hard at work with the airship adjustments for the past two weeks. The interior below the deck was changed to have a much more spacious feel with multiple bunk beds. This way, as long as the ship had somewhere to land, the troops could rest on the ship and work on helping build peach's kingdom in the morning, while not having to interfere with the toads.

The two past weeks have been great. I know Junior is probably looking forward to this more than anyone. He hadn't gotten the chance to visit other kingdoms such as this. He was in for a real treat, as he was most certainly used to this place's volcanic nature. It'd be like stepping into the real world to an extent.

As for me, I was excited to go back. Considering it's been so long since I've seen the Mushroom Kingdom, it would be a great experience to step back to those familiar grounds. It's been something I've been looking forward to. Everything seemed perfect. Everything except.... Bowser.

I couldn't quite place my finger on it, but he seems.... different. He's been sweet. That's not to say that he normally isn't, cause he is but....One could say he was being excessively sweet these past two weeks.

For starters, he's been doing tasks for me that I'd normally ask any other Hammer Bro or koopa troop to do. For the past two weeks, he insisted on giving me breakfast in bed and insisted on mopping my room floor himself. At first, I thought it was just one sweet gesture. A one time thing... But it wasn't. He did so, over and over.

Then, over the span of two weeks, the amount of clothes in my closet had doubled. Which was REALLY saying something considering it was pretty packed before. While I'm not one to turn down a gift, it struck me as odd. Sure, Bowser seemed to normally like surprising me with gifts and making sure I was enjoying my stay here as his adviser.

If the extra gifts, and affection weren't speaking volumes, I noticed I had less work. Usually whenever me and Bowser worked on the troops schedules, we'd split it 50/50. Then whoever finishes first would pitch in and help the other organize the rest, and we'd leave it at that.

However, this week, Bowser just simply insisted on doing so all on his own. Even after I stated I didn't mind taking up my half of the work multiple times, he just insisted on doing so anyway.

He seemed to be going out of his way to prove his affection for me, which was sweet, but it struck me as odd a little. Every time I got the chance to confront Bowser directly about his odd behavior, something would always get in the way of it. Whether it was the troops wanting my opinion on something, or Junior needing my help.

Maybe this was just his way of dealing with the threat of Mario taking me from him. I couldn't be too sure.

Today was going to be the day we were finally headed to the Mushroom Kingdom. After multiple inspections, and a test flight on the airship, everything seemed to check out. I was currently in Bowser's room, who had just finished dressing himself in a dark green button up shirt with a black waistcoat, trousers and tie.

"Well, how do I look?"

"You look great. Besides, you're wearing green. It makes you look ten times better." I grin before taking it upon myself to adjust his tie for him.

"You really like green, huh Greenie?" He teased.

"Yeah. If I could marry the color, I would."

"Hm... Maybe I should wear green more often then. Maybe one of these days it'll get you to marry me." He chuckled.

"Haha, it just might." I smile, letting go of his tie.

Our playful teasing was interrupted by Junior barging into the room, who was dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans, and a backpack. He had one of the biggest smiles plastered over his face. Honestly the only time I've seen him smile harder is when I came back almost after leaving, and when me and Bowser told him about us dating.