| 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 |

Luigi's POV

Bowser allowed the party to go on for a few more hours before wrapping it up. Junior somehow ended up falling asleep on the floor. I supposed it made sense with all the dancing he was doing.

Bowser ordered two of his henchmen to take Junior up to his room. The rest of his henchmen began cleaning up the ballroom.

"Well, looks like Junior had a lot of fun." I smiled.

"Yeah. What about you? Did you enjoy yourself?" Bowser asked.

"Yeah. It was a lot of fun."

Bowser then took hold of my hand.

"I wanna show you something." He said.

I gave a flustered smile as the two of us left out the ballroom. We headed to a part of the castle that I had never seen before. Our walking came to a stop at two large green doors.

Bowser pulled the door open revealing a beautiful garden. I took a few slow steps forward, still amazed at the sight.

After five weeks of being inside, it felt nice to finally step outside and get some fresh air. I looked back at Bowser who was simply observing my amazed reaction with a relaxed smile on his face.

Bowser blew a small flame into the lantern he was holding then handed it to me. He then once again offered me his hand.

I took his hand and we began walking in the garden.

"I didn't know this place had a garden." I said.

"This is the only part of the castle capable of growing plant life. Though I suppose this is pretty small compared to what you see at Peach's castle." He said.

"Doesn't make it any less beautiful."

"Yeah. I used to spend so much time here as a kid. I guess it was a sort of comfort space for me. I would practice tricks here with my fire breath. I was careful of course since I didn't want to burn any of the plants."

"I see. Do you still remember how to do any of the tricks?"

"Yeah. I would spend hours here practicing."

"Did you mind showing a few off?!" I asked excitedly clapping my hands together,

"Uh... I don't know. I haven't done it in a while." He answered, shyly scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, but this is something you used to do as a kid, right? Your fire breath has only gotten better since then."

"I-I guess. Though I never practiced in front of anyone before."

"Just show me what you remember. It doesn't have to be much."

"Well... Alright. Since it's your birthday, I suppose I could try. Though I need you to stand back. I wouldn't want to accidentally burn you." He said.

I took some steps back. I watched as Bowser took a deep breath. He then began blowing streams of fire in the shape of a spiral. He aimed his flames upward to avoid burning any plants in the garden.

Watching him was mesmerizing. It was like watching a live fire performer. Except this performer could actually breathe actual fire. It was breathtaking. He was breathtaking.

The stream of fire then took the shape of a heart. His fire became so hot that it turned blue. The blue flames beautifully contrasted with the night sky. I couldn't bring myself to speak. All I could do was stare in amazement.

After he finished, Bowser took a moment to catch his breath before looking over at me.

"So, how was that?" He asked.