ten

feel free to vote
& comment

"I'm afraid of heights, Kodie," Bk clutched onto her

Their hair whipped on the roof as they clutched onto one another.

"You shoulda thought about that earlier," Kodie said sarcastically.

Thunder cracked above them as the rain crashed down. "If we don't jump now, we'll probably end up sliding down," Kodie said after a moment.

"And land on what?" Bk asked, terrified.

"I don't know. But we'll escape...or die trying," Kodie gripped Bk's hand.

"Kodie, I don't wanna die," Bk whispered, she grabbed her face, pressing her lips against hers. "This. On my own terms."

They kissed deeply, holding onto each other's faces as they stood on the top of the roof of the mansion. Pulling back, Kodie grinned.

"You couldn't have done that before?"

"No," Bk smiled ruefully.

"Wait!"

They both looked around, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from. It was so clear, and crisp.

"Come back inside of the mansion. You'll die if you jump. I promise you'll be let out."

"How do we know we can believe them?" Kodie stared into Bk's eyes.

"I want to talk to my friend," Bk demanded, yelling out into the rain, and shoving a fistful of water from over her eyes. "Edward!"

"The one who called everybody. The middle man, who got us to come to the BnB," Kodie asked, staring at bktherula.

Bk nodded.

"Fine. But you can only speak to him, you can't come see him or nunin," the voice confirmed.

"This is some real...weird...shit, Bk."

"Tell me about it," she glanced over at Kodie.

Once inside, the girls stood side by side, standing at the dining room table where towels and fresh clothes of their own had been left out. "What do you want us to do with this?" Kodie called out, eyes searching the perimeter of the room.

She probably wondered who had gotten in and how?

"Shower and dry yourselves. Then Bk can speak to Edward..."

"How do we know you won't use the time we spend showering locking us in here further? I mean you got all of this onto the table in a matter of moments," Kodie said back.

"Trust."

"Trust is something hard to obtain when we've been through what you've put us through. You could...at least reveal yourself."

"Or maybe tell us how we can leave...and if PP and Fuzz made it," Kodie added.

"Even if I did tell you the truth...neither of you would believe me," the voice said over the intercom. It sounded nice and feminine, clear as day. Or rather, a regular, sunny day. Not this day. This day had been turmoil itself, and Bk and Kodie probably wouldn't see another identical to it.

"True," Bk reluctantly agreed, "C'mon," she nudged Kodie, "Let's just shower and dress."

"Now you wanna listen to the sponsor," Kodie grumbled.

They headed upstairs, dripping across the wood and carpet. "It's so freaking cold in here," Kodie's teeth clattered.

"I'm sorry for getting you into all of this. Truly. Knowing Edward makes me feel like this all my fault even more," Bk admitted.

"Don't," Kodie paused, rubbing her wet hand across Bk's slick shoulder. "It isn't your fault. Really, your determination is something to admire. You wanted to choose your romance on your own terms. I don't think I could ever fault somebody for that. No matter the conditions. It's far too many people who don't have choices to some of the most important decisions."

"I think if we make it out of here, Kodie..."

Kodie stared down at the soaked float beneath herself. "Yea?"

"Maybe we could try at something on both of our own terms," Bk cracked a bit of a smile.

"For now...we should take today an hour at a time. Who knows what else the sponsor might have up her sleeve," Kodie shrugged, avoiding looking at Bk.

Bk nodded, keeping her face blank as they headed upstairs.

They walked into the shared bathroom, clothes in their arms. "I guess we might as well share a shower, huh?" Bk suggested.

"The quicker the shower, the quicker we can bargain with the sponsor and learn more information," Kodie agreed, taking off her wet clothes and letting them smack to the large bathroom's floors.

"We can only hope the information's true," Bk added.