thirteen

feel free to vote
& comment

Kodie and Bk took off running, flinging the doors open and racing down the steps

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Kodie and Bk took off running, flinging the doors open and racing down the steps.

"Kodie...keep...going!" Bk yelled between breaths.

"You won't escape!" the voice roared over the sound of lightning crashing.

Despite everything, Bk and Kodie make it to the gate, shivering as Kodie lifted Bk onto her shoulders to get over.

The crowd on the other side of the gate cheered as they struggled, but nobody stepped forward to help either. Bk jumped down, almost twisting her ankle. She stood on one side of the gate, staring across at Kodie, "Now how are you gonna get over?"

"I don't know, but at least you're over," Kodie smiled sadly.

Bk reached through the hard and they kissed.

"I'm gonna get you over. No matter what, Kodie."

"Dogs!" the sponsor shouted.

Out of nowhere, a pack of dogs came charging from the sides of the house headed for Kodie.

She tried climbing the gate, with some luck, but she could fall at any moment because of how slippery it was.

"Fuck, I gotta make it, Bk," she huffed.

Bk stared as Kodie climbed, the dogs snarling and jumping trying to reach her. Unless she slipped, she had a chance of getting out of their reach and possibly making it over.

A crack of lightning stroke overhead and Kodie almost lost her grip on the bars.

"Focus, Kodie! Focus!" Bk yelled.

She got to the top and hopped down, Bk helping her balance herself.

The crowd formed around the two, the sponsor's intercom crackling in defeat. They had made it over...and most importantly- on their own terms.