Chapter 21

*1 year later*
Vic's POV-
It's been a year now since everything happened with Andy. It's crazy to think that if none of that had happened we would be married by now. Instead i've been casually dating Jo Wilson an OBGYN at grey-sloan memorial.

Neither of us are looking for anything serious her husband left her around the same time me and Andy split so we basically just fuck. Neither of us mind though it works in both of our favors.

I haven't seen Andy at all and the last time I talked to her was when she returned my necklace that her little side piece pawned. the last I heard she was still with Maria. I've let go of all the anger i held towards them and told myself if Andy really loved me she would've fought for me and I guess she didn't love me enough to do that.

I was on a run when I quite literally ran into someone. "shit i'm sorry" i said not looking up. "no it's my fault" a terribly familiar voice said. "Andy..." i said looking up at the stranger. "Vic.... hey how- how are you?" she said in disbelief when she looked me up and down. "you look good... happy" she continued with a slight frown. "i am... you know happy. how are you" I said a bit flabbergasted. "Do you- Would you- Would you wanna grab a coffee and you know catch up?" she said nervously looking at her feet. "I- You know what i would love that"

"your order hasn't changed" she pointed at my cup and chuckled. "Yea still the same Vanilla Bean Frap." i chuckled nervously.

"So... how's Maria?" i asked breaking the awkward silence. "oh um actually she cheated on me three months ago" she said playing with her fingers. "shit that sucks i'm sorry." i said genuinely like i said i don't resent either of them anymore and i know what cheating can do to someone. "yea it was actually with jack not so surprisingly." she said laughing. "Damn that's crazy still sucks though i'm sorry." i said taking a sip of my drink. "what about you- are you seeing anyone?" she said like she was nervous. "Nothing serious i've had this friends with benefits thing going on with Jo Wilson from Grey-Sloan." i said plainly. "oh." she said like she was disappointed.  

"i've been in therapy" i told her changing the subject completely.

"listen vic i'm really sorry with how things ended between us." she said like she was waiting for tears to fall. "It's not your fault you just loved Maria more than me." i said tears threatening to fall from my own eyes. "That's not true Victoria ok. I've never loved anyone as much as you. I was stupid and confused i had no idea what to do your all i've ever wanted. your all i want. I still love you." She said with tears streaming down her face.

I was sobbing when i said, "Andrea i can't do this again. How do i know i can trust you how do i know that you love me more than anyone. i can't open myself back up to you just so you can break my heart again." she pulled out a ring. my engagement ring to be exact. "I've kept this in my pocket everyday for a year. You are my life Vic please if you give me one more chance I promise we can live happily ever after. " she said emotions still very high.

"I can't just let myself jump back to how we were- but we can start slow. we won't be engaged right away i'll let you know when i'm ready. if we do this, we take it slow and on my terms. if you agree to that then i'm in." I said cleaning my eyes of tears. "ok." she said softly. "does travis still hate me?" she asked lightning the mood. "Yes very much so" i laughed grabbing her hands. and for the next hour we just sat and talked. Maybe just maybe we'll be ok.

Andy's POV-
I know Travis said he'll never forgive me and we won't be friends anymore. Let's just say he kept true to his promise he hasn't talked to me at all in a year. Now lets try and win back my friend Travis.

*knock knock*

"Hey travis what's up" i said with a big smile. "What the hell do you want Andy" he asked rolling his eyes. "ok so you definitely still hate me" i tried to joke "Tell me what the hell you want or leave Andy" he said annoyed. "Ok ok long story short me and Vic are gonna get back together and take things slow. not jump right back into things. So I thought that me and you could i don't know maybe be friends again..." I told him hopefully. "Listen Andy i'm happy for you guys but I told you the last time we spoke our friendship is over. This last year has been miserable for Vic and it's Torture for me to see her like that I pray to god that you don't hurt her again and I hope you guys get all the happiness in the world. I'll play nice because i'll always be here for Victoria but in terms of you and me we're done goodnight Andy" he said as he shut the door in my face. I never thought that he actually meant it but he really did just end our friendship. I really fucked things up and i have to live with the consequences.

Vic's POV-
Don't get me wrong I am so happy me and Andy are starting fresh but now i have to go and end this with Jo. But honestly it shouldn't be to hard considering we were never anything serious.

*knock knock*

"Hey Vic I have to talk to you about something" she said stepping into the hallway. "I have to talk to you about something to talk to you about to. we can't do this anymore because me and Andy are gonna try to start fresh." i said "Oh thank god I was gonna end it to Alex came back and me and him are gonna give it another shot too" she said smiling. "Oh my god Jo i'm so happy for you guys." I said pulling her into a big hug. "Thank you Vic and hey i'm happy for you and Andy too" she said returning my hug. "Thank you I really hope that me and you can stay friends you really are a great person." I told her smiling. "Of course have a good night Vic." She told me before going back in her apartment.

"Hey travis" I said going inside the house. "Oh hey Victoria your not moving out yet?" he said with the most sass possible. "Really travis We're taking it slow. Trust me i'm not gonna let her hurt me like she did last time." i said trying to reassure him.

"Vic you just found peace you have been miserable all year and your just gonna go back." he said genuinely concerned for me. "Look travis I know ok and I really hope she doesn't do it again but it's worth it to see if we can make it work but i won't pursue this without the support of my best friend." I told him seriously. "Vic of course i support you i may not like Andy very much but your my best friend and i support you no matter what." He said relaxing. "oh thank you thank you thank you I love you" I said bringing him into a hug "yea yea I love you too" he said returning my hug. Here we go again.

A/N: oooo a time jump vic and andy will finally be happy.... or will they