Book 1: The Deserter

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.

==========================

The scene opens in a forest while Momo suddenly appears, jumping from a tree to another tree. A mysterious figure is seen following him, and Momo lands on a roadside kiosk, while Team Avatar is arriving at it. Katara, walks toward a poster on the kiosk, present in the middle of a crossroad.

Katara: This should give us a good idea of what's around here.

Her brother flips a small pouch to find it empty aside from a few crumbs.

Sokka: See if you can find a menu, I'm starving!

Lü: I'm kinda with Sokka on this one. I'm one crumb away from resorting to cannibalism.

Aang: I bet we'll find something to eat here, the Fire Day's Festival.

Momo jumps down. Aang begins reading-out the poster.

Aang: Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians... This would be a great place for me to study some real firebenders.

Sokka looks at another poster on the other side of the kiosk; seriously.

Sokka: You might wanna rethink that. Look at this.

Aang: Hey, a poster of me and Lü!

Sokka: A wanted poster! This is bad.

Lü: Of course this is bad. THEY JUST CANT GET MY NOSE RIGHT!

Aang removes the poster from the wall and starts reading it. Lü looked at his with a annoyed face.

Katara: I think we better keep moving.

Aang: I have to learn firebending at some point and this could be my only chance to watch a master's up close.

Lü: Aang. Trust me, you're not ready for this type of power yet. But... we could visit the festival, what'd you guys say?

Katara: I guess we could go check it out. We do need supplies.

Sokka: What? You wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired-up with their... you know, fire?

Lü: Sokka you've been on a journey with a fire bender.

Katara: We'll wear disguises and if it looks like trouble, we'll leave.

Sokka: Yeah! Because we always leave before we get into trouble.

Lü: Just shut up and put your hood on.

Aang walks over to Momo and Appa.

Aang: You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival. Ready disguises!

Lü, Sokka and Katara put on their black cloaks while Aang pulls his orange shawl over his head with a smile on his face making him look ridiculous.

Sokka: It's like you're a whole different person...