Book 3: The Boiling Rock, Part 1

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.

==========================

The scene opens to the Western Air Temple at nightfall. Zuko is pouring tea to give to the members of Team Avatar. Cut to a tray full of tea cups with Zuko's hand holding a kettle and filling up the empty cups.

Zuko: No one can make tea like Uncle, but hopefully I learned a thing or two. Would you like to hear Uncle's favorite tea joke?

Katara: Sure.

Cut to an overhead of the group sitting around a fire.

Aang: I like jokes.

Toph: Bring it!

Lü: Zuko please.

Zuko serves tea to The Duke and Haru and stands up with his tray.

Zuko: Okay. Well, I can't remember how it starts, but the punch line is "Leaf me alone, I'm bushed!"

No response.

Zuko: Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it.

Lü: Right... maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing.

Everyone else laughs. Zuko smiles a little.

Toph: It's nice to get a chance to relax a little. It hardly ever happens.

Zuko hands tea to Teo and Toph. He subsequently approaches Sokka.

Sokka: Lü, Zuko can I talk to you for a second?

Zuko sets down the tray of tea as Lü stands up. The camera switches to a shot of him, Zuko and Sokka walking away from where the rest of the group is gathered.

Lü: So, what's up?

Appa wakes up and looks as they walk past him.

Sokka: Since you got your memory back. And Zuko was living in the Fire Nation. If someone was captured by the Fire Nation, where would they be taken?

Zuko: What do you mean? Who was captured?

Sokka: When the invasion plan failed, some of our troops were taken. I just want to know where they might be.

Lü: Sokka... trust me on this. We can't tell you.

Sokka: What? Why not?

Zuko: Trust me. Knowing would just make you feel worse.

He turns to leave, but is stopped by Sokka.

Sokka: It's my dad. He was captured too. I need to know what I put him through.

Zuko: It's not good, Sokka.

Sokka: Please.

Lü: My guess is, they were taken to the Boiling Rock.

Sokka: What's that?

Zuko: The highest security prison in the Fire Nation. It's on an island in the middle of a boiling lake. It's inescapable.