Book 2: The Chase

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.

==========================

The episode opens to a forested area at sunset. The camera pans downward to show Team Avatar, now including Toph, preparing to set up the campsite. Aang hands Sokka and Lü some sleeping bags. Toph stands on the ground near Appa.

Toph: Hey! You guys picked a great campsite. The grass is so soft.

This directs everyone's attention to her. She wriggles her toes in the thick mat of fur covering the ground around the bison.

Lü: That's not grass. Appa's shedding.

Katara: Oh, gross!

Cuts to Aang sitting on Appa, a bluebird perched on his head and a yellow butterfly fluttering past. Momo jumps up in an attempt to catch the butterfly.

Aang: That's not gross, it's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat.

Katara: Ah, the beauty of spring.

Appa, who had currently been grooming himself, sneezes, releasing a thick cloud of fur.

Katara: Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!

Sokka: It's not that bad, Katara. It makes a great wig!

He turns to reveal a wig made of fur, done up in a towering beehive. Aang is seen wearing a beard.

Aang: And a great beard!

Aang and Sokka laugh while pointing at each other. As Lü suddenly appeared with a iconic mustache.

Lü:

Katara: I'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you three are disgusting.

Toph: Excuse me, does anyone have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!

She raises her arms, revealing that she had stuffed fur in her sleeves. The four laugh; Aang sneezes, sending himself flying backward. The big sneeze causes him to crash against Appa's leg and for fur to blow off his friends and himself. The impact leaves some fur on his back. They continue to laugh joyfully, causing Katara to chuckle slightly.

The scene cuts to later in the evening where the group is setting up camp. Aang sets up the tent while Sokka throws down a pile of firewood he collected as Lü ignites the Fire with his bending. Katara, who spends her time stirring around water in a pot, notices Toph slumped lazily against a rock, chewing a piece of wheat. She approaches her.

Katara: So Toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work.

Toph: Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go.