Book 3: The Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.

==========================

The episode opens to the invasion of the Fire Nation where the moon can be seen gradually moving in front of the sun. Cuts to a shot of the submarines remaining stationery at the shores of the plaza. The camera pans upward, revealing the plaza empty except for Huu, disguised as the swamp monster, and several Foggy Swamp Tribe members.

Cuts to overhead shot of the plaza where the invasion carries on. The Fire Nation armies try to shoot the Earth Kingdom tanks, but they are too powerful. Earth Kingdom soldiers run about and fire boulders to counterattack the Fire Nation. A few earthbenders emerge briefly from within the Earth Kingdom tanks and hurl boulders toward the enemy. Cuts to shot of one soldier commanding catapults to launch smoldering boulders. Several fireballs are launched into the air.

One lands forcefully near Sokka and Lü as a few troops who are huddled together behind a stationery Earth Kingdom tank, studying a map lying on the ground. Cuts to Sokka cringing at the sound of the explosion. Cuts to shot of Katara coming back with Hakoda, Sokka smiles at this sight.

Sokka: Dad! You're on your feet again.

Hakoda: Thanks to your sister. I'm in no shape to fight, but maybe there's some way I can help.

Sokka: Everything's going smoothly and the eclipse hasn't even kicked in yet.

Lü: Let's not jinx it.

Hakoda: Let's hope our luck holds out.

He notices Katara moving away.

Hakoda: Katara, you seem distracted. Is something wrong?

Katara: Yeah. Is that... is that Aang?

Lü: What?

Cuts to shot of Aang riding in on his glider, dodging several fireballs. He lands in front of the group.

Sokka: Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down.

Aang: He wasn't home. No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned.

With epiphany; the camera shifts from a side-view of his face to a frontal view.

Sokka: They knew.

Cuts to overhead shot of the group sitting together in a circle. Aang rubs his fingers along the ground idly.

Aang: It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long-gone; far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse.

Sokka: No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker; somewhere he could go and be safe during the siege but still be close enough to lead his nation.

Toph: If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for, I'm just the girl to find it.

Sokka: The mechanist gave me this timing device. It looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse. Ten minutes to find the Fire Lord.