Book 2: The Blind Bandit

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.

==========================

The camera pans across a wide-view over Gaoling. Town citizens move through the streets. The team stands inside a shop. The camera zooms in on them, gathered around a green bag. Sokka is looking at the bag while pondering. Katara and Momo on her shoulder look at him. Lü and Aang sits down, looking the other way and wearing their conical hats.

Sokka: It's pricey... but I really do like it.

Katara: Then you should get it, you deserve something nice.

Sokka: I do, don't I? But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't.

In the background, a town citizen tries to talk to a passer-by, showing him a flyer.

Katara: All right, then don't.

Katara walks away in boredom. Aang gets up and follows her. Lü and Sokka pauses for a moment and goes along, too, his eyes still on the bag as he moves out of view. The town citizen with the flyers walks away into the same direction.

Lü: In 3... 2...

Lü points to Sokka as he quickly comes back into view.

Sokka: You know what? I'm gonna get it.

Lü: You guys wonder why we're broke every episode.

He rolled his eyes walking out towards Aang, Katara, and Momo who wait down the street. The town citizen turns toward them, showing them the flyer.

Weird man: Psst, psst! Hey, you kids love earthbending? You like... throwing rocks? Then check out Master Yu's Earthbending Academy.

The flyer distribution man hands over a flyer with a broad smile. The shot switches to a close-up of the flyer as Lü Aang, Katara, and Momo look at it. Aang turns it around.

Aang: Look! There's a coupon on the back! The first lesson is free.

The camera zooms out, showing Lü, Aang, Katara, and Momo looking at the flyer.

Katara: Who knows? This Master Yu could be the earthbending teacher you've been looking for.

Sokka joins them, holding the green bag. He looks wondering at the flyer. Scene cuts to Yu's academy. The camera shows a short view of the entrance.

Aang looks perplexed, wearing an Earth Kingdom outfit and a green hat. He puts his finger into his ear, wiggles it and sniffs his finger. Turning to his right, he sees that all the younger children with whom he is standing in line with sport a serious expression and he promptly straightens his back. Their teacher, Master Yu, moves toward his two opposing rows of pupils. The row opposite of Aang has rocks placed in front of them.

Yu: Take your stances!

His students take their fighting stances, except for Aang.

Yu: Now, strike as if you're punching through your opponent's head!