Entry 3: Frigustella

19 of July 705

I have not been able to sleep very well, the mixture of fear of being trapped on an island without its own sustenance, the ecstasy of investigating alien remains and the lack of ambient sound is not encouraging, however continuing this diary encourages me to continue.

After a good breakfast I go with my notebook, pen, magnifying glass and knife to investigate. The ground appears to be mostly seafloor uplifted from the bottom by force plus volcanic rock formed by the high temperatures of the blast all mountains are sharp from being young and are lopsided in the direction of impact, time to investigate frigustella, By the way, the only living thing I've seen so far keeps following me, a blue hermit crab that hides when I get close, how did it get here so fast? What draws you so much to my exploration? Maybe looking for food? I decide not to give it much importance and I approach the crystals.

These have regular shapes in the form of sharp prisms, they are semi-transparent with bluish tones and they shine a little, they have a reddish edge and when you touch them you can feel a tingling, they seem to be full of energy, I decide to start with my experimentation:

First exp: I try to join two of these crystals in different directions, it does not seem to have a visible electromagnetic nature.

Second exp: I have tried to concentrate solar energy on one with my magnifying glass, it seems to shine even more, accumulating its energy and reflecting it, the tingling also increases.

Third exp: i've tried charging myself with static electricity to give it a spark to see what happens, it instantly seems to have made it dimmer back, since then, even when i don't induce it first, it sends me small shocks on a regular basis, but not totally periodic... It seems like If he tried to... Communicate, say something to me... I think I'm already starting to lose my mind.

Fourth exp: I can't think of many more things to do, however by accident I drop it into the water and when it touches the surface it starts to generate a small whirlpool, that must be what happens with the central lighthouse of the island but on a smaller scale, I must further investigate this phenomenon.

Fifth exp: Combining all the most successful experiments, leaving the crystal in a bowl of water I point the magnifying glass at it to induce solar energy, the whirlpool spins faster and seems to be sticking to the surface of the crystal while making small sounds like crystal goblets, so I decide to add the last one, I give it a small shock and then I am impressed, a sharp sound sounds from the glass and a small tentacle of water extends a few centimeters from the glass and discharges on my finger, this is incredible, the glass has just defended.

I try to be more affectionate and after loading my hand I caress the crystal carefully, it responds by caressing my finger with its strange extremity, I laugh at the situation in disbelief and the crystal seems to amaze me with its sounds, between experiment and experiment I unintentionally release a " que mono" to which the crystal responds with a similar "mo-no" sound. This being seems to learn fast, I wonder what it will evolve into, I should be more careful, but its behavior fascinates me, life created by minerals and moved by the sun.

P.D: the crab still looks at me from far away, it seems as sutprised as me.