Entry 22: The Humans Arrive

The human fleet consisted of three large galleons, each filled with people, resources, and building materials. Then their captain disembarked and met the king.

"If it is true that your intentions are peaceful, welcome to the frigustella islands, the kingdom of Arnul" our king said solemnly.

"Without any doubt, I would not have a war in auch a wonderful land like this, my intentions are diplomatic, would it be a bother for your majesty to allow us to anchor in your ports while we have a king-to-captain talk?" replied the leader of the humans.

"I accept your requests, please, come with me to our halls, there we can hold a banquet with our trusted officials to discuss the details, follow me..." he said pointing the way- "by the way my name is Proditio" he clarified the king.

"Mine is Enzo" commented the captain.

"Alio, could you take care of looking for the prince to come to the banquet?" Proditio told me.

"Of course" I replied heading towards the forest.

There I met the boy carrying my book.

"Prince? Are you around? Obscuratus?" They are waiting for you in the Great Hall for the banquet" I said calling the boy.

"Yeah, I'm coming" said his high-pitched voice.

And then I took him to the great hall, I let him in but, despite having also been invited, I went to the tavern, but not before hearing:

"Oh the little prince has arrived, but what about the explorer scientist on the island, won't he be here?" Enzo asked.

"I'm afraid Alio doesn't like these formalities much, nor socializing in general, he only talks about the things that fascinate him with his small group of friends, but don't worry, we have copies of his island discovery journal if you are interested..." answered Proditio.

And before I continued listening I went to the tavern, after all they must be waiting for me, I said I would pay.

When I got there, the boss was there with my colleagues, all happy to see me and wanting to hear my story. But there was someone else, an elf I didn't know. Apparently the humans brought a diplomat to better deal with elven affairs.

When I finished drinking with my friends and telling them everything, she and I talked alone for a while.

"Wow, your discoveries are fascinating" the stranger told me.

"Thank you very much, I see that you don't like official meetings either" I answered happily.

"It's not made for me, I prefer to walk on my own or with a few" she commented.

"Totally agree haha, by the way my name is Alio, Alio Vitae Vichipaedia" I said.

"I am Solis, Solis Lux Hiems" she said.

"Nice name, winter sunlight" I commented blushing.

"Thank you, yours is very interesting, encyclopedia of another life" she said smiling.

"Yes, when the oracle of the village decides a name for you, sometimes it's more metaphorical, and other times very strangely specific" I said laughing while showing my journal with magical creatures.

"Yeah haha, it's a great book, I wish I could meet them in person" she commented.

"Well, if it's okay with you, since you want to know more and you don't mind walking with little company, I can show you the whole island" I offered.

"Really? That would be great! But do we have enough time?" Solis asked.

"Don't worry, I have my tricks, it will be like a quick tourist guide, trust me" I assured.

"Well in that case... Ok, I'm sleeping on one of the boats so I'll wait for you tomorrow morning at the port" she said animatedly.

"Perfect, I'll pick you up there" I said cheerfully.

So we said goodbye and I went to bed, that night I had a hard time trying to sleep thinking about what I would show her. I guess this is starting to look like a normal diary. I should better write separately in another book the new species that I can discover.