Entry 11: The Island On The Sky

26 of July 705

I don't know who else will be able to read this diary, but if they are as curious as I am, they will be just as impressed and full of doubts. What the hell was that? Am I going crazy perhaps? Or did I really meet an entity capable of diverting the trajectory of a meteorite and inducing life in what it touches?

I wish I could answer those questions, but his ability to appear and disappear at will makes my knowledge of that one limited to what this one wants.

I guess I should ignore all this for now and continue with my goals, we are already very close to the islands and I have been able to practice my flight.

The views are incredible, a wide and deep valley is surrounded by a cirque of mountains, all with small streams that flow into the same large central lake and if you look up, you see the incredible floating islands full of vegetation at the top and with vines and roots hanging down connecting some islands together.

With my spyglass I don't see anything of interest at the bottom of the valley, so I decide to investigate the islands, there seems to be a larger one in the center with a peculiar shape.

Night begins to fall but I am too excited to sleep, I will take advantage of the last light of day to guide myself through the air. I activate my amatella boots and put on my aviator glasses, I take a run and with a leap of faith I pounce into the void and after falling a few meters and screaming the crystals are activated with a burst of energy that launches me into the air, I start to take steps in the air in a clumsy way like jumping drunk until I master it and advance directly to the nearest island.

After an improbable crash landing, I shake off the dirt and watch. It seems that all the islands have high concentrations of red frigustella, it tries to separate itself from the blue frigustella on the ground, creating this floating phenomenon.

Dusk is about to end and then something fascinating happens. Thousands of colors begin to fill the sky, colored dots that move everywhere, some faster and others slower. They must be the inhabitants of the place, when I stop to observe them more closely I can see that the slowest ones are short humanoids with plumage all over their bodies, totally black eyes and two longer feathers as antennas, they are very agile and manage to float by inflating until they look like feathery balloons, like floating pom poms. The fastest ones are energetic and bright, they leave a trail when they fly, they are also humanoid but they are smaller and don't have feathers, their body shines with colors and releases sparks, they seem to enjoy playing with my Sparky, I even met a tribe of winged elfs that live out of big blue bees and the delicious blue honey that gives you energy. As I fly to the next island they seem to follow me so I decide to stay static in the air and they start circling me, it's amazing.

However it's already getting too dark and it's not safe to fly, I should start setting up camp on the nearest island, being careful not to roll too much at night. Tomorrow I will head to the central island, now that I look at it, it has a curious spiral shape, it looks like a spiral shell or a giant coiled snake, it is surely a happy coincidence.