Entry 15: Water

Who cares about the day really?

I woke up after camping on one of the islands of the small archipelago and I still can't believe that I am on top of a giant crab or that I have a magic flute from space with which I have to catch elemental titans on a mission with the aim of avoiding a catastrophe. Yeah... Now this is my life.

I guess there's no time to complain, the humans will be here soon and by then we can't afford to have distractions like magical rampage all over the island. I didn't choose to go from scout to mage to hunter but I guess it is what it is.

Now the key question remains to be asked, how the hell do you get to catch a titan? The crab and the blue knight told me about earning the respect of the elemental guardians but... how do you do that? Should I invite them to a gala dinner and insist on paying the bill myself?

I wish it were like that, but I guess I'll have to endure some test of faith or beat them in a duel or something. I get that it won't be a rap battle, I'll have to use all my wits.

I have reached the last island where I met the axolotl, all that remains is to wait for the inevitable, I can already feel tremors.

The creature appeared, I was wondering if thanks to the knight and the crab I would already be forgiven or something like that, I knelt down and as expected... It tried to eat my head. Luckily I've lived long enough to be careful, I jumped back and drew my weapon.

The guardian of the water pounced on me running at high speeds, I hit him with my amatella stick and I was able to stun him and avoid the damage but not to damage him enough, then he hit me again, time to run.

Back to dodging columns and stalagmites, there must be another way I thought. Then I saw it, in one of the largest caverns there was a huge frigustella crystal, it had a darker blue color and it shone with intensity, it must be the key, I don't have another chance either.

I approach the crystal and with my stick I hit it on the tip, I manage to extract a splinter and with it in my hand I desperately point it towards the guardian who is approaching me more enraged than ever, hoping that he will do something.

Suddenly a screen of water propelled the titan and pushed it to the bottom of the cave, great, I control the water, for some reason it reminds me of a blue-haired girl named Umi, no idea.

It's time to keep dodging and flying, but even if I have an advantage I still don't know how to beat it. Should I knock it unconscious?

I have a plan, I just need to get her where I want and then... Now! I make a wall of ice appear that traps the axolotl, I only have to strike the final hit... But... Our fight was too hard, the caverns are flooding, I can hear the cries of the hermit inhabitants, I am so close to catch him, but I have to help them, they need me.

I use my power to prevent the complete collapse and they thank me, then the guardian appears behind me and when it seems that he is going to attack me and I am preparing my defense, he kneels... I did not expect that, it seems that he just had to show interest in protecting this island and its inhabitants to gain their respect, after all he is a guardian, not a gladiator.

I put my hand on its head and then the blue bow of my flute approaches her neck and generates a necklace, done, I return her bow and say goodbye to everyone, I must continue with my journey, but now, with the power of the water, I already know that I must use the elements in my favor.

I'm exhausted, one less, tomorrow more.