Entry 24: Adventure Partners

Solis and I woke up with the first light of dawn on the largest floating island in the sky, it was a quiet night after a beautiful sunset and I prepared the dragonfly to fly back to the village.

We landed in front of her house and I was sadly preparing myself to say goodbye to her, but then she said:

-"Thank you for this little adventure Alio, it has been fascinating and... I really liked living it with you"-

-"I'm glad to hear that, but the pleasure is mine, never before had I been able to share something so important to me with anyone, never with someone like you" - I said smiling.

"Hey, do you have something to do now?" Solis asked.

-"Well, now that the island map is finished and the elementals are controlled, I guess I only have to keep track of the overall progress once a week. So... I guess I'm free"- I replied.

"In that case... If you don't mind, I'd like to invite you inside, so I can compensate you for the dinner you prepared for me with some breakfast"- she explained.

"Really? Sure, I'd love to" I agreed happily.

After we walked in, she showed me around and I sat at the dining room table while she cooked. When she finished, she came over and served the dishes.

-"I hope you like it, I don't have new and magical ingredientes like yoy have, but as a diplomat that I am, I have traveled all over the world and I know some other dishes that could impress you, like these"- she commented.

-"Wow, the truth is that I had never seen anything like these, it looks very good, what are they?"- I asked, intrigued.

-"I present to you the food of the Asian country of the rising sun, rice with sushi, gyozas and mochis"- she proudly presented.

-"Incredible, have you traveled that far?"- I said impressed.

-"You didn't expect it, did you?, haha, well yes, it's a fascinating place, the people there have a totally different culture, gastronomy, fashion, music, traditions, languages ​​and unique writing symbols in the world. You have to visit it one day "- she explained.

-" Hmmm... This is delicious, although these cutlery are difficult to use haha"-I commented while she ate.

-"Thank you hehe, I have put a lot of love into the preparation, and you are not so bad at using chopsticks, my first time was so bad that I ended up piercing the food with one of them as a fork Hahaha. Anyways, I'll preparé something to drink" - she said.

Meanwhile, I kept looking at her world map covered in thumbtacks, imagining what it would be like to discover everything together with her.

-"Would you like to try this new drink? It's from the new lands to the west, on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, they call it coffee, apparently it tastes good and fills you with energy" - offered Solis.

- "Okay, thanks" - I said sipping while she turned around and took something, when she turned around she tried to contain her laughter when she saw my face while she said - "hmm t-it's very... Well haha... Quite bitter "- I replied trying to be polite.

-"hahaha silly, you have to add sugar first" - she said adding 3 cubes - "try now" -

-"Well... Hm... Hmmm.. Not bad, it's much better like this"- I said this time honestly.

-"Of course hehe, well don't worry, I'll prepare something else for you... What do you think of an infusion?"- she offered.

- "It would be very good, thanks, do you have chamomile" - I asked.

-"Chamomile, seriously?" she said with a surprised tone.

-"What's wrong with chamomile?"- I answered jokingly offended.

-"Nothing, nothing hahaha, are you also going to want it with some milk in it?"-She said in a mocking tone.

-" Hey! The milk gives it a very good flavor "- I exclaimed.

-"Hahahaha, just kidding, just kidding"-she said serving me my chamomile with milk and sitting in front of me with her coffee-"Here, I hope you like it"-

-"Thank you"-I said a little blushing because of the embarrassment of her joke but at the same time happy that we get along so well now.

-" I see that you look at my map a lot. What are you thinking about?" she said curiously.

-"I was thinking of all the places you have visited, all those people you have met, their culture, their way of life, their fauna and flora, there is so much to explore" - I answered.

-"So... What's stopping you from doing it? I could show you the places I've already visited, all their history and traditions, just like you've shown me this fascinating place" - she said excitedly.

-"I would love to be able to do that, but I'm afraid I have responsibilities here, I can't leave so easily" - I said.

-"Why not? You've already finished documenting these islands, right? I thought you only had to do a weekly follow-up, someone else can do that for you"- she said trying to convince me.

-"That's not the problem. .. Do you remember the Misty knight I talked about in my book? That kind of god, he's weak and can't work alone, I promised him I'd take care of this island, I can't do that anywhere else in the world."- I explained saddened.

-"I understand... But... There is no longer any danger with the elementals thanks to you, right? Your companions are already here to check that everything is fine with the frigustella creatures and humans have proven to be peaceful in these lands, there is no danger" she added.

- "If you say it like that..." - I answered.

-"Think about it, we could even take fragments of frigustella wherever we go, we already know that it is not harmful, quite the contrary, it could generate new incredible beings all over the globe. I would guide you through the world and you could improve it for everyone, together we could fill everything with magic"- she said, more excited than ever.

-"You're right, a whole world of frigustella would be incredible, we have to do it Solis! I'll talk to the Knight and I'll convince him to let us go together"-I said finally joining her illusion.

-"Then it's decided, you'll be my adventure partner"- She said smiling.

-"Till the end of times"- I agreed returning the smile.

I must leave this entry for now, the king called us to the seaside settlement. It seems that it is time to say goodbye to the humans, only a few will stay to improve their small settlement and the rest will return to their country.

It's time to say goodbye.