Entry 8: The Volcano

23 of July 705

After waking up and picking up the camping tent I polish the last details of my new designs, among them are the amatella propulsion boots, it will take me time to learn how to use them well but it will speed up my work a lot, I have also designed some gloves with these crystals in the palm and a staff with amatella on the tips, at the moment all the frigustella creatures are friendly, but who knows when I will have to defend myself. Finally, I created glasses from the glass that allowed me to notice frigustella sources of life much better.

Starting the march again, I realize that the hermit is following us, did he come from the north? Why is he so insistent on spying on me? One day I will know more about this curious individual.

After crossing some plains with streams full of moss creatures, river fairies and fireflies of light, I reach the central area of ​​the moon, it is marked by having a huge active volcano that released lava into the sea, I must approach carefully.

Walking down the slope I find the inhabitants of the place, these are small humanoids made of glass, goblins with steam technology and finally some kind demons.

They receive me in a very good way and they give me coal and very well decorated glass bottles to carry my drinks and potions, I decide to teach them how to make more durable fires that resist the rain and I teach the glass dwellers how to make smelting furnaces to repair themselves in case of accidents.

So while I was saying goodbye, an earthquake seemed to start shaking the whole ground, all the inhabitants of the place then ran to their houses in fear and made gestures for me to run away, what the hell is going on?

Suddenly a big eruption explodes on the top of the mountain and a ball of fire rises in the sky and when it rises a few meters then it opens violently showing a huge fire bird that lets out a huge eagle sound. The beast approaches me flying at full speed but as they taught me in biology classes at the academy I decide to stay still to show that I am not afraid or weak by fleeing like easy prey.

Then the bird lands in front of me, takes off two bodies and a large frigustella crystal can be seen on its chest, I suppose that is what happens when a crystal of such a size comes into contact with such a large source of geothermal energy.

Then the huge phoenix yells at me in the face releasing a blast of hot air, I decide to kneel down and lower my head, it seems that the beast understands my gesture with the intention of not seeming like a threat and showing myself relaxed, without running away but without challenging the creature either , then he seems to calm down and after letting out some lower noises he replies my greeting lowering his head and takes flight to return to the interior of the volcano. After that, all the inhabitants of the area come out of their hiding places and, impressed, surround me making noises of astonishment, it seems that I am the first to survive the king of the mountain.

I take my things plus the gifts and advance on my way to camp in a calmer area, the crab follows us from a distance and I would swear, I saw how his eyes shone with an intense blue.