Entry 13: The Moon Demons

? of July 705

Today I woke up surrounded by the flying creatures, they seemed worried and slept with me, I think one lost hope and was already trying to eat me biting my finger in an adorable way, it's good to know that if I die I will be part of the cycle of life right away, and what if I eat a frigustella before dying? There is no time to think about it, I must move.

I don't know how long I've been asleep, I'm afraid I can't keep track of days anymore, I'm soaked but luckily my accessories and luggage are fine.

These beings have no measure, or they are small and adorable creatures or destructive beasts, capable of fighting the forces of nature, that reminds me... Each of these "bosses" seem to be closely related to some element, curious.

Sparky is okay and ready to continue, I guess there is no time to settle in these wonderful places, once I finish my research my people will be able to populate all these lands.

The winged ones lend me a Bee to fly safe to the last area of the island, I thank them for their support and say good bye.

We have travelled several kilometers, there is nothing new, green esplanades, occasional small mountains and small forests, the creatures are common animals and occasional stone golems and water nymphs, some blue firefly from time to time. At this point, some peace of mind is appreciated. It seems that today I will be able to camp comfortably and watch the stars.

Night falls and the fireflies surround me, Chispa is comfortable lying on my shoulder and when I finish dinner an owl arrives informing me of the current situation, after so much time recording new things it is good to be informed of the rest of the world.

The news does not look good, the rumors were true, the humans full of rancor are beginning to attack the elves, the Roman empire is in danger. At the moment we endure without problem, but for how long? I hope that if this progresses they will not get here, humans are very similar to us in many aspects, however they suffer from a tireless desire, they always want more and will do everything possible to get it, regardless of the consequences, even harming themselves.

It is ironic that being one of the most intelligent beings on the face of the earth they are the only ones who harm themselves in this way, it is quite sad, I hope that one day they will learn.

Enough philosophical reflection, if you pay too much attention to the news you will only become bitter, the world is terrible outside these islands, it is better to focus on the moment and live your life, not that of others.

The stars are beautiful and the moon shines with reddish tones, I think it's time to sleep.

It's 4 in the morning, everything is dark, but a disconcerting sensation has woken me up, in the shadows, I can see a red eye like fire watching me, it approaches me. It is almost the same as Spark, but its crystal is red, covered with a body of dense shadows, like living smoke.

When he reaches me, he takes out an object and offers it to me with both hands, it is a small metallic waning moon, very sharp. Then the creature vanishes and leaves its crystal inside the moon, between the two ends, some words seem to be engraved on the back and shine like fire:

"Make a deal with me and let me come down to your world, I will be your best ally and your opponents' worst enemy"

'The Demons of the Moon'

You will know at this point that I am the most curious but I am smart enough to know that you should not make deals with demons. All the tales and stories they told us as children did not speak ill of them in vain.

I decide to put the artifact away and go back to sleep.