Entry 17

Today, in the middle of my mission to protect the island from its own overdeveloped elements, something unusual happened that I couldn't explain, I still don't know if it was a dream.

I was walking towards the volcano in search of the fire elemental beast. I was climbing the volcanic mount up the slope as I didn't want to draw its attention with my thrusters yet. But some noise disturbed the guard and I had to take refuge in a nearby cave until it left.

Unfortunately it had thick roots in the ground that I didn't see soon enough, and I tripped, falling into the void inside the mountain.

Luckily a bed of yellow flowers subtly stopped my fall. Then I was about to use my jet boots to go out the way I had entered but... Something caught my attention and I decided not to leave yet.

There was a door in the wall, all gray, rectangular and modern looking. I reached for the knob and turned it and the door swung open in blinding light.

When I passed the door and I was able to open my eyes I was in a kind of bluish cavern, it had shiny stones on the ceiling similar to stars. In the background you could hear waterfalls in the echo. I decided to explore the cave thoroughly before heading out the door again.

Following the road I saw many things that I had never seen before, not even on the Frigustella island. There were bright blue flowers that echoed everything I said, a four-foot-tall yellow lizard that walked on two legs and had no arms, a knight with a bright blue spear in the distance who almost caught me if it wasn't because I hid in the tall grass.

There were also strange buildings, a house with a sad-looking ghost inside. Another scaly house with a fish girl inside talking to a tall skeleton and a shorter one who seemed to have seen me before I ran away.

I advanced further into the caverns and arrived at a very warm area, red and with magma at its base, it had industrial metal constructions everywhere and in the middle of the path there was a large laboratory.

Once inside I saw a lot of weird futuristic utensils, comics with catgirls and humanoid robots inside and cardboard plates with leftover noodles inside. On the big screen you could see a boy in a pink and purple striped shirt walking through a snowy landscape. I wanted to investigate this strange place further but then a yellow humanoid lizard in a white coat came in and I had to get into a metal cabinet before he caught me.

Then the cabinet began to go down and down uncontrollably. What a risky descent system.

Once I reached the bottom there was another laboratory, this time darker and more worn, almost in ruins, gloomy and full of dust, cobwebs and slimy white stains.

There were illuminated signs all over the walls, they talked about experiments, determination, souls, monsters, humans, flowers, barrier, core. I didn't know what they were referring to, but they were the most interesting, especially the last one I discovered, it went like this:

"Darker, Darker, yet darker

The darkness keeps growing

Shadows cutting deeper

Photon reader negative

This experiment seems

Very

Very

Interesting

What do you two think?"

This engraving was even more enigmatic, but something struck me about it more than the rest, perhaps it was the writing of it in hieroglyphs.

I wanted to investigate more but I heard monsters in the distance, white and conglomerate. I decided to get out of there and go back to the gray door.

However, when I opened it I did not return to the mountain, I was in a gray room, it was totally empty despite how spacious it was except for one thing.
There was someone in the center, half crouched and disfigured, he seemed to have a black cloak that covered his entire body, he had a kind of cracked mask from the eye to the smile, his eyes were dull and his hands had holes in the middle.

He seemed hurt so I went over to help him, but when I touched him he looked at me with an even wider smile and wide eyes. He laughed a distorted laugh as floating hands appeared around him speaking in sign language.

After that I only remember waking up in the cave I went into to take refuge from the phoenix, but when I peeked inside there was no hole or drop.

I still have nightmares about that man at night.