Chapter 6

//Still Rain's POV//

Ok I spent 6 hours of my time getting scolded and it's nighttime. Let's say we settled this... in a mature, rational way. 

As I climbed over the stairs to my room, I see a familiar female standing outside my room, her legs crossed. I walk over to her.

 "Hey.. aren't you supposed to be asleep?" I ask. 

 "No. I waited for you all along." she replies. She walked on eggshells, took my hand, and we tiptoed down the stairs. "Can we have a word.. outside?" she gestures me to come out with her.

 "Sure, Abigail."

We walk to the hill behind and sit on the moonlit grass swarming with little grasshoppers and crickets. A full moon glimmered in the sky and shone light down on the pond below. 

After a moment of dead silence, she opens her mouth. 

 "On our first date, we had moonlight."  

 "...Yeah. But now we hardly see it, right?"

 "..." 

Silence again. A gust of wind makes my hair dance. I look over at her. Her fiery hair tangled around her bandaged horn.

 "Rain, what was the cause of this?"

 "Hmm?"

 "This.. All of this. This awkward relationship. What was wrong?" she asks.

I couldn't find myself to answer this. I didn't know what went wrong. All this misunderstanding. It's fractured.

 "I don't know... I just.." I looked away. "I'm sorry."

I feel Abigail patting my back. "It's okay.. It's over now." 

 "May I?" I nodded and she leaned against my arm. I  wrapped my arms around her shoulder in return.

We stayed like that for the whole night before falling asleep.

//Azura's POV//

The day at the lab was frustrating. Skorch was under careful watch thanks to Patrick, but there were some minor explosions during science experiments and I had just gone tired by having to make millions of weapons. Swords, spears, guns... uhh..

And to top it all off, it's raining. Like, so hard. I don't have an umbrella, so I wait for it to stop outside of the lab. The big raindrops pounded on the windows.

 "Rain, not THAT Dragon tamer- but rain, rain, go away. Come again another day." I pout my lips because it never seemed to subside.

Then I felt someone give me a backhug. I smile and wrap my arms around Patrick's. He's wearing his casual outfit, a hoodie and jeans. He lifts me off the ground by my stomach and I squeak. His hands tickle my weakest spot.

 "Pat, stawpp.. You're tickling me!" I laugh so hard he has to put me down.

 "Heh.. Looks like somebody's missing an umbrella." he pulls out a big one and unfolds it. "May I?" I smile and take his hand.

We walk through the stone road with few streetlamps. I accidentally stepped on his foot on the way. 

 "Oop- I'm so sorry-" I apologized, but my foot stays on his. I see him turning into a hot tomato, although it's raining and cold.

 "I'm sorry- shall I hold it?" but as soon as I took hold of the umbrella, we were holding hands. My heart was going to burst, so I let go of it. So did he.