Chapter 15-Sappy Romance (Part 1)

(A few days after...)

// Stella's POV //

It's time for sleep, but I can't. That day, that very day, still triggers me. 

 'I'm sorry.. Stella!! DOWN!!'

The gunfire rings in my ear, a pair of protective arms around me. 

I miss him. Rain Wynter... The man who bravely saved my life by almost throwing away his. The man whom I fell in love with first sight. The man who cared for me more than anyone else, even though the wall in my cold heart pushed him away. The man who saved my life again, taking the gunshot, for me.

The doctor said if he was brought in a little late, they couldn't have been able to save him. His internal kidneys were severely damaged, his temperature was rapidly decreasing in extreme degrees. 

They've managed to fix the kidneys, as well as pull the bullet out. However, due to his high blood pressure, one of his veins swelled up. 

The doc took off his mask and asked me a question. "Did the Dragon Tamer have a direct, stressful interconnection with another?"

It pierced right through the middle of my heart. I didn't answer. I couldn't.

***

I trudged back to my room, a teardrop making its way to my chin. I wiped it with the back of my hand, but as soon as I did more drops combined with the other, getting heavier as they fall like the summer rain. 

I took out a slim photo from my pocket from my first date with Rain and gazed out the window as this year's first snowflakes danced in the air.

The picture was taken a few years ago, when he and I hiked up the tallest mountain within our vicinity. He kissed my forehead ever so softly that I couldn't tell the difference between the fluffy snowflakes on my head and his kiss.

He lifted me up, bridal style, and we awed in the glamorous, white view of the village as I hugged his neck and kissed him on the cheek.

"Rain... Our first date was also on a snowy day, right?" I hugged the photo tightly as I plopped on the bed.

"I miss you... Come back to me..." 

***

There was a knock on the door. 

 "Stella, my dear? May I come in?"

My eyes were closed, but I couldn't sleep. I waved my hand in search for the bedside lamp. I checked the clock, it was 3:20 A.M. Rubbing my eyes and stretching, I said to come in.

Ceris walked in, with her daily checklist full of items to scold me about.

 "Hello, sweetie... You doing okay?"

 ".... Yes...."

She climbed up the bed, and wrapped the blanket around us. She then gave me a nice, warm hug. I smiled at that.

 "Stella... I really don't think that's a real 'yes'. You know, your 'yes'es have an unusual accent. And a cheerful giggle always follows. Are you really sure?" she whispers into my ear.

 "....Yes...."

She gasps, "Now I guarantee that there IS something wrong..."

 "N-No..."

 "Oh Stella. I know you're 19 and you don't want to talk about your own personal problems." she pinched my cheek, "But... I'm your mother...."

 "So what?"