Chapter 12- After Already Dead

You all watched Already dead, right? RIGHT? OK then it's safe for me to write! And again, I don't want to spoil any episode. This chapter contains some spoilers, so if you didn't, please enjoy the canon ep first, Ok? Btw, Kane here is 34 and Ciara is 32 in my AU. Okie. Let's get on!!!

//Kane's POV//

 "Kane.. Please have mercy.. I'm sure we can work this ou-" 

Bam.

~After AD~

 "Kane!! We're supposed to take the crystal! Not destroy it! Without those, we can't properly fight the Nether King's armies!!"

 "Plans changed, Ciara... We may be undead, but his magic could've killed us for good."

 "That's not how magic works, Kane!!"

I pick up my golden pistol and reattach the socket. "Come on. Let's go home. We'll discuss this later." I also brush the dirt and soot off my outfit.

Ciara shrugs and carries my cleaver. "Whateve- Oww.."

I hear the cleaver drop from behind, making a huge clank on the enderstone floor.  I turn around to see if she was okay, but no. Ciara grasped her stomach with a slight groan. She looked like she was going to faint right on the spot, so I help her up and give her a little piggyback ride on my bare back.

 "K-Kanee.... Wh-what are you doing?" I could feel her chest thumping. She complained in a playful way.

 "The sweetest move you'll ever experience from a gentleman. Now get some sleep."

 "O-Okay.."

***

 "Mommy!! Daddy!!!" Candy skittered over to us, with her stuffed piglin doll. But then, she tripped on a rock and fell on the grass, headfirst.

Oh no.. Please don't cry Please don't cry Please don't cry!!!

But the wailing never came. Candy just shook it off and straightened her red hoodie. What a bright child she is. Ciara laughed a bit at the sight while coughing, still taking effect from the blows that darn pillager king landed on her.

----- Slight flashback -----

Candy is our adoptive daughter. One cold, autumn day, Ciara and I went fishing together on a gondola.. no- a regular, wooden boat. There, we saw her fishing across the river bank in an open area in the forest. All by herself with a stick, a piece of vine, and an acorn. 

 "Aww, I love little kids!! She's so cute!" Ciara went all mushy gushy, which was not normal. It made the boat shake.

 "I thought you hated little children? And stay still!!"

She gave me the 'shut up' look. After that I insta- closed my big mouth and didn't mutter a word. We anchored a few meters away from the child. Not wanting to make any shuddering noises, we tried not to step on any fallen twigs. As we crept, we got a closer look. 

Her face was covered in dust, ashes, and bits of bark. She had a huge gash across her forehead extending to her eyebrow. She was relying on a thin, ragged coat with no mittens, scarf, or hat. The poor kid had no shoes or socks, too. She had a runny nose and sneezed constantly. Her toe was frozen to solid ice.  She yawned and waited for the fish to take the acorn bait, but it never came. 

 "Wittle fwish! Wittle fwish! Yum, yum, yummy, in your tum, tum, tummy!" She crystal sapphire eyes welled up with tears, "Yummy.. Mommy... Where are you? I miss you... Achoo." The little girl sighed as she took another acorn from a squished, metal can.