Chapter 2

The eyes see what the heart allows them to see for no matter how good of an eyesight, the colours of the world are bound to deem if your heart is feeling low. Your emotions become a veil over your sight and transform your perspective of people, places and life itself. And maybe that was the reason why at that very moment he could oath that he had never thought of himself to be more pleasant to the eyes.

Groomed and refined was the reflection that was looking right back at him, making his smile spread more on his face. His slightly long black hair was parted in two, a larger amount falling on one side, bringing his facial features and forehead into view just the right amount.

The elegant fragrance of his perfume was surrounding him pleasantly and the distant noises of people coming from his slightly open window had made his orbs look like a stary night. He couldn't help but attribute the phenomenon to this joyful occasion that had finally found him, after many years of longing to live it.

In the three years that his cousin Jungkook had been imprisoned, his entire family had never had a night of peaceful sleep. Countless days and nights he had spent in hopelessness and fear along with his older cousin Namjoon.

With every tick of the clock, everyone was wondering which of their family member they would lose, after Jungkook's act. For blood had to be paid after all and he himself knew that well but still, it was hard not to want and dream of living a life.

Taehyung hadn't killed anyone so far and he was honestly thankful that he didn't have to but he knew fully well that the day he would have to, would most like reach him sooner or later. 

The joy on his face seemed to fade as soon as that thought made its way into his head, but fortunately, he didn't have time to fall further into the black hole of his mind, as the door to his room opened and his fiancee entered.

Dressed in a beautiful red dress and her dark brown hair down. Looking like a breath of fresh air, soft as a velvet petal of a rose. Her lips moved softly as soon as they saw each other and she slowly approached him.

"My Terra. You are beautiful." He flattered her at once with sincerity as he took her hands in his.

"Thank you, my love. You look very handsome in that suit too." Terra let her eyes travel up his body a bit and Taehyung felt a small twinge of embarrassment but quickly covered it up as he leaned forward and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

Terra laughed a little at his action and after the two of them stared at each other for a few minutes, she brought her arms around his neck and the two of them began a new kiss, which was more time-consuming.

"Taehyung you're- Oh! God!Sorry...Sorry." Namjoon suddenly opened the door and interrupted them, his act catching their attention and causing Terra to take a few steps away from Taehyung as she realized that his cousin was at the door.

Namjoon's embarrassment was palpable as he quickly closed the door again and walked out of the room, letting his hand pass over his face to cover it in shame.

I should have knocked before entering. Oh, why do I put myself in such situations?!

He complained to himself as he continued down the hall towards Jungkook's room, for whom this feast was also being prepared.

This time he knocked on the door just in case but although he waited for an answer he got none, which made him knock again only to ultimately open the door -out of concern- only to find that the room was empty and his younger brother was missing.

"But where did he go? The feast will begin  at any moment now."

---Change of set---

Veta opened the door to her room in the convent where she lived, and as soon as she entered, she closed the door behind her and walked into the dark room, not bothering to the slightest to attempt to turn on the light.

"I didn't expect you to come so soon to see me" She spoke without even turning to face the person standing in the corner of her room. "You barely have two days that got out of jail"

She walked over to her bedside table and turned on the small lamp that was there and then turned and looked towards Jungkook, whose appearance startled her for a moment because, in the three years, she hadn't seen him, it seems that he had grown quite a bit in appearance. He had matured.

"Where is she?" He asked her, not moving from his seat as the two of them simply looked into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry. I've helped you so far. There's nothing more I can do for you." Sister Veta replied, finding herself in a difficult position.

Jungkook took a few steps towards her and halted only when he was close enough to be able to clearly see the expressions that could be born on her face and close enough for her to be able to witness his begging orbs that silently called for help. 

"You're the only one who knows my feelings. Besides God, you're the only one who knows my truth." Jungkook told her, his words feeling like a slice in the chest of Sister Veta who unfortunately knew more things than she would like to admit to her own self.

"Jungkook, it's dangerous... if she finds out-"

"She won't know!" He cut her off and grabbed her by the shoulders, bringing her a little closer to him.

"Don't be afraid. Don't leave me now. You're my best friend, aren't you?" He asked her, knowing fully well that his words were bounding her psychologically.

"Help me till the end. Let me reach this happiness. I've been through so much to get here. Please don't betray me now." The way his fingers were pressing on her skin in despair, along with his sad-looking orbs, made it possible for Sister Veta to get goosebumps all over her skin.

"Promise me that you'll never bring her back. That she'll never know. That you two will be happy away from here forever!" She demanded of him with fire and sternness in her eyes as her worry had stormed inside her but she also wanted the hope they both had to come true.

Not only because it would make him happy but because it would also make her friend happy.

"I promise. Just tell me where she is."

"First you have to get through this night. Serenity has insisted and will come to see you in person." Sister Veta shared her knowledge and uttered her startling words to Jungkook as he let his hands fall from her shoulders.

"Don't hurt her, just make sure you don't get hurt either. I'll make sure I get her out of there safe and sound." She assured him and by her claim, Jungkook immediately understood that Sister Veta had already constructed some kind of plan in her mind.

"The place will be full of people who are from the Kim family. It's dangerous. Can't you convince her not to come?"

"I tried but it can't be done. Her hatred for you is way too much for her not to make an attempt for revenge." Veta told him and they both fell into silence, just as Jungkook's gaze found its way to the floor.

"Just make sure you are alert and leave the rest to me. I'll get you out of the village safe and sound as soon as I manage. I give you my word." The certainty and confidence that beamed from her tone made Jungkook lift his gaze and look at her with a heart full of gratitude.

She had always done so much for him and broken so many rules that she shouldn't have. She was like his guardian angel helping him make his dreams come true, no matter how crazy they were.

"See you at the party then. Sister Veta." Jungkook smiled at his own words and then turned his back and walked over to the window he had come in from, oblivious to the glint of the blade of the knife that Veta had been holding behind her back all along while she was talking to him.

---To be continued.....