Chapter 10

The sound of the wind chime by the door welcomed Veta and Namjoon to the library as he pushed the door open and made way for her to pass. She did so while gifting him a thin smile then nonchalantly, she threw a look longingly at the shelves full of books.

The library was one of the places that she had most visited since she had arrived in this village, for despite how small of a space it had some pretty unique and interesting books. Books that she had borrowed a lot as years went by, for she never stayed to read them on the small comfortable table by the corner, despite how cosy it looked.

"Will you be choosing something new today?" Namjoon questioned her as she seemed lost gazing around.

"I hope it's not an inconvenience. I won't take long. " Veta looked over her shoulder briefly to see him, then went on and approached the small ladder that existed there.

She knew that she was losing time, and her agony was eating her up from the inside related to what was happening in the monastery with Dana and Jungkook but she could not escape from the situation since she had used the library as an excuse. Her true emotions however would never reach the surface of her face, for she was an expert at emoting her expressions. 

"Maybe I could help. could you prescribe me what kind of book you are looking for? " Namjoon leaned against the desk that was placed by the side of the entrance as his eyes were travelling Veta's figure up and down. Shameful of him certainly, and he knew that, but still it was difficult for him to not take in her figure with every chance he got. 

There was nothing provocative about her looking around at some books, but in his eyes, she looked appealing even while doing nothing much. The way her fingers kept brushing by the spines of books softly and delicately made him almost grow jealous of the lifeless objects that had the privilege to be caressed by her like that.

His emotions had once more betrayed him as Veta couldn't help but notice the way Namjoon was checking her out. Every time he had thought that she was not looking his way, she had always seen him for to his dismay she was trained to be hyper-aware of her surroundings. The condition of this man originally was unimportant to her but as time had gone by, she had grown fond of witnessing him suffering like that.

His eyes had been always louder than he had thought. And she knew just how to exploit his vulnerability with her cleverly crafted provocations, each one seemingly unintentional but with mischievous intent. Teasing him had become a game to her, a deliciously wicked one that brought her pleasure, and so she seized every chance to make his existence a little more challenging. She revelled in the power she had over him, taking every opportunity to make his life just a little bit harder.

 For her, it was an addiction, a rush of adrenaline that she couldn't resist. And with each passing day, she found herself pushing the boundaries even further, determined to see just how far she could go and for how much longer he would hang on to his self-control.

"  A romantic fantasy sounds nice. Do you have any recommendations ?"

" A what? ... Oh, we sure have some ... it's just... I don't think such books are appropriate for someone like you, Sister Veta." He tried to not scare her by telling her straight up that the books that he had around under that genre were not exactly holy but to his surprise, she laughed as she stepped down from the ladder and faced him.

"I can make an exception once in a while. How bad could they be?" Her ignorance on the matter placed him in a tight spot for if he was to really give her one of those books, she would know that he had read it. She certainly would not be thinking well of him after that, and Namjoon definitely couldn't allow such a thing to happen.

" Would you be pleased with some other genre? I do believe I have something fitting for you, but it's not fantasy. " He tried to bargain, and Veta pretended to think for a moment.