Chapter 8

Jimin's feet halted as he took in some sharp inhales to try and regulate his messy breathing after the long-running he had withstood without even a proper destination.

After he and Veta had agreed to split ways in order to cover more places and potentially find Dana sooner, he felt like he had been walking blindfolded for he was utterly unaware of his ambient. This was the first time he had stepped foot in this village for even on those rare times he had sneakily passed by to visit Veta, he had had no need to get further inside the village for the Monastery was slightly more isolated by the entrance of the village and rested atop a small hill that could view the whole place as if it sat at the palm of one's hand.

"She should have given me some instructions at least. I can't even tell on which side of the village I am." He mumbled to himself slightly frustrated, right before he straightened his clothes a bit and started pacing down the earthly path that was guiding him further to civilisation as he could see plenty of buildings ahead. A civilisation that he would rather avoid for in villages it was known for people to know one another well hence anyone seeing him would perceive him as a stranger. Usually, at such places, people can't wait to gossip about events and he was definitely going to be the subject of the day if he was to meet even one of the villagers.

What choice did he have however other than go look further for Dana? 

Jimin kept his head low as he quickened his steps down the narrow paths in between the houses until he reached a wider environment and a road that could be accessible for vehicles. On one side of the pavement, as the road went, there was a bigger building than the rest with a wide outer space that looked like a playground.

There was where  Jimin took notice of the figure of a woman running away towards a narrow path and he instantly recognised her for she was wearing still the clothes that he had in the pictures of her departure on the port of the city.

He gave a quick look at his surrounding before speeding up to catch up to her and once close enough to her, Jimin sneaked from behind her and got her in his firm grip. His one hand, covered her mouth swiftly so she won't leave any unnecessary exclaims out of fear that his unexpected action may cause her.

"It's me...don't scream," Jimin whispered in Dana's ear softly then he reluctantly let go of her and she remained still, daring to utter nothing even after he had retrieved his hand from her mouth.

Jimin stepped before her to face her in wonder for no one would react so silently in such a moment yet once he made eye contact with her, his confusion came to an end for he witnessed her glassy orbs full of weld-up tears and her stare seemingly frozen at nothing.

"Dana...What's wrong?" Jimin questioned her as he held on to her forearms and gazed at her worryingly for his heart ached at the site of her looking so shocked and broken.

"He...he-" Was all she managed to utter before her voice broke and she lowered her head, shutting her eyes closed in an attempt to not break right then and there.

Jimin quickly brought her in his embrace and held her tightly, while she whimpered by the side of his neck in a try to choke down her sobs that were unwillingly escaping her throat.

"It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay I swear. Just trust me and come with me for now, okay?" Jimin tried to reason with her and take advantage of this moment that she was in a hazy mind and most likely experiencing a mental breakdown. It may not be right but he knew that he had to get her to safety first and everything else could be corrected afterwards. 

He pulled her out of his embrace and whipped her tears then he pulled her scarf higher to cover her more while ignoring to make eye contact with her for her tears were still floating uncontrollably. Her hands were slightly trembling and he could hear the instability of her breaths as he passed his arm around her shoulder and started leading her away, towards the shelter of the woods.