Chapter 5

Shadows had grown to be way too comfortable for him to even try to turn on a light as he entered his room and was accompanied by the cracking sound of the door that he didn't hold open for long.

The sound of his steps echoed in the silence as he made his way towards his desk and swiftly opened a drawer, pulling out a handkerchief that he used to wrap his palm that was still dripping red. 

"Maybe I was a bit careless," Jungkook murmured to himself as he took a better sight of his wound that was created by blocking Serenity's blade that had been in search of his throat.

 The moonlight that was beaming from his window enabled him to notice the depth of his wound more nonetheless he ignored it and wrapped it up in his handkerchief as tightly as he could.

His eyes travelled around his room once more, finding himself feeling like he was out of place. From the day he had gotten out of prison and had stepped back into the room he had had most of his life, for some strange reason he had found himself feeling like a stranger that had trespassed in the room of someone who was once innocent.

His self of the now felt so different from the one he remembered himself to be and the room -even though it had waited for his return patiently -and nothing was changed in it- gave him the impression of an illusion. For he no longer was the same owner of it that he used to be.

"If Namjoon finds out I left the party prior to its ending, he most likely will be mad." Jungkook left his thoughts to disturb the silence on purpose for the stillness that was surrounding him started making him feel slightly suffocated.

He pulled the chair that was before him, purposely making it create as much noise as possible then he sat on it and allowed his body to relax and his head to lean back and observe the ceiling. A sight that had no specific interest to see but the blankness of it was a representation of how contradictory his feelings were in comparison.

Only if he could be as blank as this ceiling, as white and clean. As concrete and stable. But no. He was nothing even close to those things. He was a man that was doomed from the moment he laid eyes on that woman.

His biggest crime was her. The act that he did which he himself couldn't help but label himself as a madman, was nothing more but love. Everyone thought of him as a murderer yet the only one he had ever killed mercilessly, was himself.

His tongue pocked the corner of his lips and the ache of the small wound he had withstood brought a slight smile on his lips that contradicted his sorrowful eyes.

It's okay...I will endure this and much more if it's for you...for us.

He lifted his head slowly and faced his neat desk before he looked once more past his shoulder then proceeded to open one shelf at his side and carefully take off all the unnecessary files he had on it, for what he was looking for lay hidden under the wooden side piece of that shelf, which he carefully removed and retrieved a thin envelope from it.

The whiteness of the envelope seemed to have changed with time just as he had but its dirtiness didn't face him much as he proceeded to open it with a sense of nostalgia dancing in his heart and longing flashing in his orbs.

Delight took over him as soon as his dear treasure came to his view and he stared at the picture as lovingly as he always used to. So many times that he had felt so thankful to Veta for taking this picture of them together and tonight it was one more of those times. 

"I am almost there my love...I will soon find my way to you...The wait will be over." He spoke to the picture as he caressed the hair of the woman that was on it by his side, while he leaned closer to it and rested his head at the desk before he spend some more minutes staring at it in silence with sparkly eyes and a smile on his lips.