Chapter 16

The morning had found Terra on her way to the monastery as all her night had passed by with the image of sister Veta looking at her while she had been doing something that she should not have done.

Namjoon was drunk so the kiss he shared with her was most likely something he would barely remember to not mention that it was something he could easily excuse, if anyone was to accuse him, but she on the other hand, had no such privileges. 

If her mistake was to reach Taehyung's ears, she was certain that their relationship would take a hit she most likely could not fix so her only hope left was to make sure that word never reaches him. 

In her moment of panic, she had just stared at Sister Veta standing at the doorway and had said nothing to stop her from leaving, as she uttered nothing after she witnessed the inapparent scene and just went on on her way, leaving Terra behind in utter chaos and fear.

Feelings that she couldn't even manage to share with Namjoon as by the moment she turned to pay attention to him again, he had passed out. After some brief minutes of her pacing the room in agony she had just decided to leave him as he was and flee from the place, leaving no signs that she had ever stopped by, to begin with.

Reality had sunk further into her mind, however, once she had returned to the privacy of her house and a mixture of guilt and fear overwhelmed her to the point that she had stayed up, eagerly awaiting for the sky to turn brighter.

Once she witnessed the crack of dawn, she had escaped silently from her house and after a half an hour walk up the hill, she found herself breathing heavily before the gate of the monastery. Ringing the bell with sweaty palms and an unsettling mind that was going over what she should say to Sister Veta to convince her to not cause trouble for her.

The slight fresh breeze kept her company in the silence until the gate finally opened and sister Veta appeared before her eyes, dressed in her usual attire, calm and collected as if she had not disturbed her sleep at all.

"Good morning...I am so sorry for this early hour, I just-"

"Worry not for our waking hour here is at five. The monastery is not open yet for visitors, however, If I may know why you are here, maybe I could inform you if you should wait or pass by later." Veta cut off Terra's words despite the fact that she maintained a polite thin smile on her lips, looking the friendly self she was known to be.

"Please, Sister Veta, please. Let me in. I need to talk to you. Please hear me out. It's really not what you think it is." Terra got hold of Veta's hand and pleaded with her with her soft gaze.

"That's what they all say, Ms Terra. You don't have to convince me of anything. It's you who are carrying the sin of betrayal on your shoulders." Veta's reply reached Jungkook's ears as he had hurried instantly out of bed and out of Dana's arms as soon as he had heard the doorbell of the main gate echo.

He should have been on his way home by now and should have not allowed for the morning to find him in his beloved's embrace yet despite the fact that he had woken up with the dawn, he had found it too difficult to leave the warmth of the woman he had spent of many years, dreaming of meeting again.

Dana being there was certainly something very risky however the fact that he could still sneak out and have some time with her was a perk he considered worth the risk, especially after this night the two had shared together after a long time.

Jungkook's head was in the clouds however he knew that he had to remain very careful if he didn't want everything to get ruined so, as soon as he heard the doorbell, he cut short his admiring session of Dana's sleeping face and rushed out of the room, having in mind to use the back small gate of the monastery that takes you to the graveyard and from there, find his way towards his house.