Chapter 9

Jungkook felt heavy-hearted as he made his way back to his room, despite the nice atmosphere at the morning table. Breakfast with his family was full of joy and waves of laughter yet there was a silent part of him that was making him feel out of place. He had not been in their company for long, not growing up or later because of his imprisonment but he did cherish his early childhood years when he really felt part of the family.

He was kept as none existent and could only remain inside doors till he became ten, but he had never felt restricted or bored for his family was always around him. He was loved and everyone always showed that to him. He didn't miss the sun, for he barely had seen the light of day, he didn't miss nature for he had barely known what it was like and he had grown to think of his life as perfect until at the age of ten they sent him away and hid him to a monastery. 

There he had grown to know many things that he did not know before, one of them being that the hate his family had rooted in him, was wrong. Their secret little weapon that was to bring victory to the family had grown too holy to even think of carrying such duty. However, because he loved them, he had never found the courage to let them down, by speaking of his true feelings about their wants.

Such hidden feelings that he held within even now, that they thought of him as someone capable to murder and as someone who was gonna continue the vengeance and hopefully win it once and for all. Seeing them happy at the thought of their troubles being sorted sure made Jungkook happy, but it also made him feel like a hypocrite. 

Oh how he wanted to truly belong among them for he loved them all, but he didn't and even if he was the only one that knew that truth, that was still enough.

Once he entered his room, however, those troublesome thoughts and feelings of his came to be disturbed, for he was met with an unexpected presence that jolted him out of his reverie.

Veta stood outside his balcony door, knocking urgently. He rushed to let her in, shutting the curtains behind him to obscure the room in shadows. Veta's face was twisted with anger and frustration, and Jungkook scanned her face in distress for her expression had made him understand that something must be going on.

"Where the heck have you left your phone? I have been calling!" Veta spat, her voice sharp and biting. "Dana is here."

She cut right to the case and witnessed the shock taking over Jungkook's face at the mention of the name of the woman he loved. His mind whirled as he struggled to truly digest the information for it was more than sudden. It was something that was he not supposed to hear.

"What do you mean, what is she doing here? It's dangerous for her to be here! Why?-" Jungkookk rumbled on in agony at the thought and only that all they had worked on and all they both had endured in order to be together, could go south while they were so close to being together.

Veta's eyes bore into his, and he felt her hands grip his shoulders tightly in an attempt to collect his panicking self. "She knows about your true identity, Jungkook. You have to talk to her and convince her that you really love her. If you don't, you'll lose her forever."

Jungkook's heart raced as he realized the gravity of the situation. This name over his shoulders had always been a shadow over his relationship with Dana, a secret that could drive her far away from him. And now that she knew, this name was threatening to destroy any chance he had at happiness.

"I will never lose her," he vowed, his voice shaking with emotion. "Never."

"She is at the monastery. You have to hurry." Veta urged him and he turned and fled from his room without hesitation for all that mattered to him was Dana.