Chapter 11

Jungkook was holding Dana tightly in his embrace, for he still was unable to savour well the moment that he had dreamed of for so long. In between bars, the image of her eyes used to appear, shining on his imprisoned days and comforting his troubled thoughts.

Witnessing her smile again, getting to feel the warmth of her skin, once more to have the privilege to hear the declaration of love slipping through her dear lips of hers. He had survived for such things. He had overcome hell for such a day.

"I missed you so much, Dana." His voice dripped pain as he held onto her a bit tighter and rested his cheek endearingly against her hair.
"Oh, Lord, I really can't believe I am really holding you again."

" Jungkook -" She uttered his name weakly for her emotions, which had gotten even more tangled by his sudden appearance and passionate outburst of his emotions.

She had been waiting to reunite with him for so long and she sure was trembling from excitement however She could not enjoy the moment she had been longing for the truth was bugging her, telling her to not allow herself to get fooled twice for the man to whom she had gifted her heart, was one that had lied to her.

Dana's heart ached as she found the strength within her to push Jungkook away, and he gazed upon her confused as she escaped from his embrace and placed some steps distance between them.

"Dana ... I know the things you found out must have shocked you but allow me to explain myself - " Jungkook tried to reach out and take her hand in his but Dana quickly stepped back making him stare at her in a mixture of agony and pain.

"You lied to me ... You have been lying all along. " Her voice broke as she loudly spoke the truth that was breaking her. " Why did you do this to me? Did you enjoy playing me for a fool? Leaving me to wait for you for so long! "

" I love you! Dana, I love you! No matter how many things I wasn't able to tell you, my feelings for you were never fake." Jungkook cut her words off as he witnessed how her face distorted in pain only by speaking such thoughts.

" How can I believe such words now? You betrayed me! You lied to me! You manipulated me! I erased my identity because I really trusted you, but instead, you went and killed someone! You got rid of me and all my life, yet you didn't keep your promise! You left me hanging Jungkook!" Her voice kept rising as she went on, tears streaming down her cheeks uncontrollably as her chest was trapped in an unbearable aching.

"You really think I am capable of killing someone? " He responded as his own eyes started getting filled with tears, for he was living a nightmare. Having the one he loved most doubt him like that.

"Don't try to lie to me again! I heard it all! I know you just got out of prison because you took someone's life! " Dana yelled at him, and Jungkook's face fell serious instantly before he approached her and took a good hold of her shoulders, making her face him well.

"Look at me! Look at me, Dana! Do you really think I'm such a man?!" The pain in his gaze broke her heart and made her shove herself into his arms in despair. She wrapped her arms around his neck and clung onto him in dispair for no matter how much her mind was against Jungkook at that moment, her heart could not let her accept him as such a terrible person.

" Our plan went wrong, Dana. I didn't kill anyone... I was put in prison because everyone thinks that I killed you. " Her body froze upon hearing those unexpected words roll from his lips, and she instantly pulled away to meet his eyes. Looking at him in shock and confusion.

" After you had supposedly gone missing, a decomposed body was found near the wooden bridge he used to secretly meet up. I got arrested cause my fingerprints were found all over the place, and so were yours. So, they all assumed that it was your body. The fact that my real identity also got exposed didn't help. Everyone thinks I took your life because of our family vendetta. " Jungkook reached his hand and endearingly cupped her cheek as he was letting her know how twisted their original plan had gotten.