Chapter 12

The knock on the door disturbed the moment between Jungbook and Dana and made their attention get derived towards the entry just as Jimin made his way back into the room.

" I know you most likely would want a bit more time with each other, but there's a visitor roaming around the garden, and Veta is nowhere to be seen yet." He informed them as he was worried about the actions the unknown woman may do. If she was someone who felt comfortable around here, she may come roaming the place, and that definitely was dangerous for them at that moment.

" Visitor? Who is it? " Dana questioned him, and Jimin proceeded to lock the door before replying.

" She said she was Serenity, I think. I didn't engage with her. It could raise questions if a strange man is found in the monastery. I will text Veta and see where she is."

" Serenity, my cousin is here! " Dana's eyes sparkled momentarily with joy for she had certainly more than missed her but after she noticed the fear that travelled through Jungkook's face, she came to realise how much of a threat Serenity's presence was.

" You stay here, Dana. I will take care of it, just don't go near any window, please. " Jungkook advised her hurriedly as he made his way to the window in order to use that as his escape, for it would be better if he could avoid Serenity knowing that he was in the chambers of the monastery, while Veta was absent.

" Jungkook, please be careful. " Dana held his hand one last moment before he gifted her a smile and made his way outside the window, soon climbing down and reaching the ground safely.

Jimin hurried to close the window immediately afterwards and, along with it, the curtains, to reinsurer that no one's unwanted eyes would take sight of anything that didn't benefit them.

Jungkook rushed to make his way around the building and reach the entry gate of the monastery, where he took a pause to collect his breaths and appear nonchalant. He cleared his throat and placed a calm expression over his face, and then he made his way in, accompanied by a cheerful good morning greeting meant supposedly for Veta.

His voice reached instantly Serenity's ears, however, making her halt her steps. She stood there at the first step of the staircase she had just stepped on with wide eyes, and after a few seconds, that her brain needed to process the fact that the man she tried to kill just yesterday was standing not so far from her, she turned around to take sight of him.

Jungkook pretended to be slightly surprised by her existence there but allowed a smile to reach his lips as he witnessed her stepping down and approaching him with soft steps and a gaze that from lost started morphing into the gaze he recalled from yesterday night.

" How dare you appear before my eyes again? Have you no shame? " Serenity felt a current of rage travelling through her body at the sight and only of seeing him smiling.

" I had no such intentions, believe me. I didn't know that you would be here. " He reasoned casually, and Serenity just halted her steps in an attempt to control herself. She was in a holly place, and she shouldn't be starting fights while at the premises of the monastery, but she certainly wanted more than to start a fight at that moment.

Jungkook standing there safe and sound was a tormenting sight, for it reminded her of her failure as well as the unfairness that was eating her heart. Dana should have been able to smile like that if it wasn't for this monster that took her life away.

" You are lucky that no bloodshed is allowed in here or else -"

" Or else what? You would try to kill me again? " Jungkook cut her sentence off with a rather mocking tone in his voice, for no matter how much he understood her hatred, he had no plans of dying for anyone's sake.