⁰ perfect prodigy

╮

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM.    ―     act one
˖*° cₚₜₑᵣ zₑᵣₒ
ˎˊ- ₚₑᵣfₑcₜ ₚᵣₒdᵢgy

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ zₑᵣₒ               ˎˊ- ₚₑᵣfₑcₜ ₚᵣₒdᵢgy

                         ╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

PERFECTIONISM.

The art of perfecting. Every minuscule detail, up to the very last touch had to be flawless. A bad habit proven to hold people back from their fullest potential. Athena knew it was rather dangerous, but she couldn't help it. Everything had to be exactly right. It was like she was attempting to outsmart life by proving that something can diminish the standard scale.

Athena was a perfectionist. From the moment she exited the womb, her future was doomed to fall apart the moment it overtook her. The moment she could no longer outrun life and hide in a world she perfectly curated on her own.

Currently, she was stuck inside a bathroom bigger than her apartment while a party (one she would never have wished to attend) continued on the other side of the door. She was glaring at her reflection, feeling something was off. Maybe it was because the wig was beginning to itch and her makeup was starting to smear. Or the fact she was undeniably tired, obvious from the bags under her eyes.

Athena Hart was a million things and more, that much was true. Right now, she was April Smith, a rich girl with daddy's money and a million followers who lives in L.A and likes to party. That's who she's been for the past week and she was not loving it.

But Athena worked hard and this was a part of the job. It wasn't that she hated undercover work, in fact she actually loved it, it was more so the fact that she was scared of her role not being perfect. That if she couldn't play her part good, everything that falls apart will inevitably be her fault. People will die because of her.

The list of the multitude of units she had worked in was only getting longer. Hostage Rescue and Negotiation, Animal Training, Fugitive Task Force, and currently Specialist Undercover Work. Those were a few of the many units her father had once worked in as well. Next on her list was the Behavioral Analysis Unit.

Growing up, her father had always told her that that's where he imagined her being. That specific unit was meant for her because she could thrive with what she does best. Allister Hart had taught her many things leading up to this moment and she knew it was all for a reason.

Right now she had a job to finish and she would do it to the highest expectation. This could be one of her last times out undercover like this and she needed to make an impression on everyone who would glance in her direction. Save people's lives and become the perfect candidate for whatever job you could dream of.

And she wasn't wrong, this case would lead her right where she wanted to be. Athena Hart always got her way, that much was obvious.

What she didn't expect was to leave as big of a impression as she does, shocking a self-proclaimed genius and a handful of expert agents. Mostly the cute self-proclaimed genius that caught her eye the moment he started rambling facts that would stay engraved in her brain forever.

But Athena Hart never gets distracted and she never backs down —— she would check off every box her father had made for her and become the little prodigy he dreamed of.