¹⁰ burn, burn, burn

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM. ― act one
                  ˖*°   cₚₜₑᵣ ₜₑₙ
    ˎˊ- bᵤᵣₙ, bᵤᵣₙ, bᵤᵣₙ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₜₑₙ            ˎˊ- bᵤᵣₙ, bᵤᵣₙ, bᵤᵣₙ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ONE MONTH AND THIRTEEN DAYS. That was how long Athena had been apart of the BAU. She's finally felt like she fits in with the others, feeling more comfortable in working with a team as more and more cases passed. There were times she missed operating on her own, but they passed as quick as they came.

Currently, she was sat at her desk in the bullpen of the BAU going over some paperwork. She was still in touch with the Undercover Unit, seeing as she once was their greatest asset. Now, she simply helped them fill in any holes and every now and then she would offer to go back under for them. She wanted to settle into the BAU before jumping into something, though.

"Boo!" A voice startled her, hands on her shoulders as she jumped on her seat. Athena spun around, capturing the persons wrists in her hands. Even with the mask on, she could tell it was Spencer Reid by his attire.

"Jesus, Spence," she released his hands and stood to follow him out of the bullpen. "You scared the shit out of me."

Behind the mask, he grinned like a child on Christmas. Only difference was it was Halloween that had him all giddy.

The two headed up the steps, walking side by side now. "The cool thing about Halloween is that it's a uniquely American holiday," he started, pulling the mask off now. "I mean, despite its obvious origins in the Celtic Festival of Samhain and the Christian All Saints' Day, it really is a melting pot of various immigrants' traditions and beliefs. It became a little more commercialized in the 1950s with trick-or-treat, and today it rivals only Christmas in terms of popularity."

They enter the round table room together, seeing only Rossi and Morgan there whom Athena waves at. "I personally never really enjoyed Halloween," she says as she turns back to Spencer, shrugging as they take their seats besides each other. "I mean, Halloween really isn't welcomed in Russia, anyways. Even if it was, we never really had time to go trick or treating."

Spencer nods thoughtfully, pressing his lips together in a firm line. He couldn't really relate with her on that matter, so he tried to find something to keep the conversation flowing. That's when he got an idea.

"How do you sign Halloween?" He asks, genuine curiosity lacing his words. Athena's face immediately brightens. Before she can show him, Rossi holds a hand up.

"Let me see if I got it," he says, clearing his throat and shaking out his hands to prepare. "Witch."

When he signs the wrong word, Athena has to hold her hand against her mouth as she giggles. He was very confident in himself and even repeated the sign and urged Spencer to follow. Spencer did so, looking unsure as he glanced at Athena.