¹³ athena burned his books

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM. ― act one
                  ˖*°   cₚₜₑᵣ ₜₕᵢᵣₜₑₑₙ
       ˎˊ- ₐₜₕₑₙₐ bᵤᵣₙₑd ₕᵢₛ bₒₒₖₛ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₜₕᵢᵣₜₑₑₙ                        ˎˊ- ₐₜₕₑₙₐ bᵤᵣₙₑd ₕᵢₛ bₒₒₖₛ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IT STARTED THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY. Athena Hart was never late. With her constant need to have everything in order, arriving to work on time was one of her top priorities. Of course, there was the matter that every now and then—though it was extremely rare—that something would come in the way and inevitably wound herself up late. The first time she was late had been the New Mexico case and even then she was just late considering how early she usually comes in. It was only a few days later when she ended up running into the BAU exactly nineteen minutes behind schedule.

Of course, this only timed her to be exactly on the clock to work. She rushed into the BAU with a few things different about her entirety. For one, her hair was down instead of pulled back in some sort of style that usually ended up looking messy. She lacked a cup of coffee in her hand and instead of her usual purse, she had a satchel. She was pulling a Spencer Reid.

"Woah, woah," Morgan greeted, chuckling as he watched the girl frantically run her fingers through her hair. "What's this? Hart's stealing Reid's look and sporting the man purse today?"

Athena set her things down and held up the bag in one hand. "It's not a man purse. It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one and so does Flynn Ryder." She stated as she dropped it onto the table.

It was a simple paperwork day, so everyone sat politely behind their desks without saying much. Every now and then, a chorus of banter would erupt, only to die down once again when everyone went back to work. About thirty minutes in, Athena caved and found herself at the coffee table. The liquid had gone cold and was barely touched forty minutes after that.

By noon, Spencer had completed most if not all of his paperwork. He had noticed that everyone was practically done except for one person; Athena Hart. Her head was bobbing as if she was on the verge of falling asleep and her hand wasn't moving as fast as usual. Spencer noticed it took her an extra three minutes and twelve seconds to finish one paper than her usual time. That's when he decided to leave the bullpen and head down to his car.

He practically sped to the coffee shop, with the sound of The Smiths buzzing in the background and his fingers tapping against the steering wheel. When he arrived to The Clementine, Marcy Lane welcomed him with her usual bubbly greeting. When he gave her the order, her brow immediately rose.