⁸ kid killer

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM. ― act one
                  ˖*°   cₚₜₑᵣ ₑᵢgₕₜ
      ˎˊ- ₖᵢd ₖᵢₗₗₑᵣ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₑᵢgₕₜ      ˎˊ- ₖᵢd ₖᵢₗₗₑᵣ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"WE HAVE A CASE."

The moment the words left Aaron Hotchners mouth, Athena hit Spencer's arm as she tried to contain her excited grin. He glanced at her, noticing how she kept her eyes on their boss.

"You owe me 10 bucks, Pretty Boy." Athena whispered to him, a shit-eating grin on her face. The nickname caused his cheeks to burn as he shook his head at her. While keeping his eyes on Aaron, he slipped out a crisp 10 dollar bill and slapped it into her awaiting palm. Spencer would be sulking over his small loss if it were for how happy Athena looked. Though, her smile immediately dropped when the images of the case came on the screen.

"Last night, all four members of the Bennett family were killed in their home in Council Bluffs, Iowa," Penelope starts, her tone somber. "Jake and Sandra Bennett were the parents of Sammy, eleven, and Kayla, nine."

Athena shifted uncomfortably in her seat, keeping her attention of her notebook rather than the images of the murdered Bennett children. Child murders never sat right with her, even just the mention of it had her stomach churning. So instead, she drew two small flowers onto the side of her hand to distract herself.

"Agent Seeks in the Omaha Field office called me," Aaron spoke up this time. "The previous night, the other family, the Archers, were killed just across the state line in Nebraska. He thinks it's the same offender."

The crime scene photos, as well as a happy family photo, of the Archer family came up now. Two happy parents and two smiling kids. Athena added two more flowers.

"M.O is consistent," Derek said. "Both mothers died due to severe blunt-force trauma and the father suffered multiple stab wounds."

"The children were all strangled," Rossi added and Athena swallowed the lump in her throat. "Violence only in the kids' rooms, but no sexual abuse on any of the children. That's odd."

"Odd comes up right now, because the Bennett father was not just stabbed, he was also..." Garcia clicked the button on her remote again and all the images on the screen disappeared. "And those pictures are in your personal files because I didn't think they needed the help of 1080p."

Everyones attention turned to their files, the gruesome pictures greeting them. Athena tilted her head as she set her pen down to pick up the image.

"His chest was opened, organs disturbed, intestines removed." Athena noted out loud, setting the photo back down.