⁵ emmylou

╮

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM.    ―     act one
˖*° cₚₜₑᵣ fᵢᵥₑ
          ˎˊ- ₑₘₘyₗₒᵤ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ fᵢᵥₑ           ˎˊ- ₑₘₘyₗₒᵤ

                         ╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WHILE Derek and Emily briefed the rest of the team on what they had found, Athena had stepped out when her phone began ringing.

"Athena Hart." She greeted, having not having checked the caller I.D before she answered. She stepped further away from the commotion of the office, taking place in a secluded hallway.

"Apollo Hart." The voice greeted back, Athena immediately rolling her eyes at him.

Apollo Hart, the notorious other half of the Hart twins. He rarely called anymore and sometimes it hurt Athena, but she had grown used to his silence. They had gone from inseparable at birth to zero communication through the years. They had both gotten the stubbornness gene, that was for sure.

So, for him to be calling her out of the blue was random and it only meant one of two things; there was trouble or he wanted something.

"What do you want, Polly?" Athena sighed, her voice low as she leaned against the wall behind her. She made sure to keep an eye out in case anyone came in the vicinity.

"What? I can't just call and check in on my little sister?" Apollo scoffed on the other side of the line, a few banging sounds being heard as if he dropped something. "Shit..."

Athena rolled her eyes again, something that seemed to happen often when talking to her brother.

"First of all, I'm 6 minutes older than you. And no, you can't because you never have," Athena whispered-shouted at him, growing irritated by the fact he was keeping her from her first case. "I have a job to do and if you don't give me a good reason for why you called, then I am hanging up and blocking your number."

"Alright! Alright," Apollo sighed, knowing his sister was one to keep her word. "Mom's getting paranoid. She thinks someone's watching us. I came home yesterday and she nearly tore the house apart saying they were watching us."

Athena closed her eyes, banging her head lightly against the wall a few times.

Truth was, the Harts were not what everyone thought they were after Allisters death. Everyone presumed that they were a happy little family that had fully healed from their past trauma. News flash, they weren't.