¹⁴ in the eyes

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM. ― act one
                  ˖*°   cₚₜₑᵣ fₒᵤᵣₑₑ
ˎˊ- ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₑyₑₛ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ fₒᵤᵣₜₑₑₙ                        ˎˊ- ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₑyₑₛ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ATHENA'S MORNING WAS OFF. Once again, she was running late. She woke up on time, but found that her precious pup, Miku, had fallen ill. She immediately called into to tell the team she would be late as she sped off to drop Miku at the vet. Garcia sent her over all she needed to know and left a file for her on her desk so she could grab it when she arrived.

"I'm here!" She called, rushing down the steps into the bullpen just as everyone was grabbing their go-bags to head to the jet.

"Hart, just in time, as always!" Morgan greeted, giving her a two finger salute as he headed to the elevators. Emily and Rossi were right behind him, giving her smiles and waves as well.

"How's the pup, fair maiden?" Garcia asked, rushing up to the girl. She had a large pink bag in her hand, that Athena already knew would be for Miku.

She smiled sadly and pulled out her phone, showing the woman a picture of the golden retriever lying on the table at the vet. Immediately, Garcia cooed at the sight and brought her hands to her face.

"Well here's a 'get well gift' for you and the pup," Garcia explained as she handed over the large pink bag. "and I'll be there to pick her up since you, my dear, will be in Miami." Athena merely nodded and thanked the woman, her eyes suddenly trained on the figure behind her.

Spencer Reid was slower than usual. He was rubbing at his eyes and squinting anytime he looked up. There was a coffee from Clementines in his hand, but when Athena looked over at her desk, it was vacant of any cups. She frowned.

Penelope Garcia followed her eyes, copying the face of the younger girl. "He's been acting off for a week now," she said, though Athena had already noticed that. "Yesterday I made a little joke when I was making my coffee and he snapped at me."

The blonde clicked her tongue. Spencer rarely snaps, but never once has it been at the bubbly woman. Athena knew a lot about sickness, after having to learn to care for her family since they weren't permitted to see doctors. "I think it's headaches," when Garcia gave her a question look at the hand motion, Athena repeated herself with her words this time, "I think he has headaches. The lights hurt his eyes. Polly used to get them a lot. He would get angry at us and wear sunglasses all the times. We couldn't see doctors, so we never figured it out. Just went away it did."