¹ april smith

WARNING! before reading, please take into note that any sentences that Athena may say that sound weird are on purpose. her english is not that best because she grew up not using her voice and living in Russia for the most part!

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM. ― act one
                  ˖*°   cₚₜₑᵣ ₒ
      ˎˊ- ᵃᵖʳⁱˡ ˢᵐⁱᵗʰ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₒₙₑ      ˎˊ- ᵃᵖʳⁱˡ ˢᵐⁱᵗʰ

italic & bold = ASL

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE atmosphere was calm, much contrast to the world outside. Everyone looked so put together, yet he felt so out of place.

Spencer Reid appreciated art, he really did. When you look at a piece it could be anything the viewer wants. The artist may have one perspective, but to the viewer it can be whatever they desire. His love for art was one of the main reasons he agreed to coming to the art gallery one of his high school friends was hosting.

Okay, so maybe he didn't have a ton of friends back then, let alone now, so what? It's hard to trust people and he'd rather have a small handful of friends that were like family then a million fake ones. Which is why he brought along Jason Gideon, his colleague who was a good many years older than him.

"Spencer? Spencer Reid!" A man called, walking up to the pair that looked more like father and son then coworkers. "Dude! Look at you!"

He clasped Spencer's hand (much to his disliking) and pulled each other into an awkward embrace, patting each others backs. To say Spencer Reid was uncomfortable was an understatement.

"You look just the same!" The man continued to laugh. Spencer smiled awkwardly back at him as he cleared his throat. "Look at you, dude. Nothings changed."

The man then turned to Gideon, who had been people watching as the two interacted besides him.

"Spencer was the only twelve year old in our graduating class. Just the same." The amount of times he repeated how Spencer looked the same was starting to bug him. He definitely looked different, didn't he? He had grown a multitude of inches and currently wasn't wearing his glasses. He also wasn't twelve years old anymore, he was grown. He was a man. But the words he should've said died on his tongue as he awkwardly thanked the man.

"This is Special Agent Jason Gideon," Spencer waved his hand between the two as an introduction. "This is Parker Dudley. We went to high school together as you can probably gather."