¹¹ strawberry mentos

╮

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼
ESCAPISM.    ―     act one
˖*° cₚₜₑᵣ ₑₗₑᵥₑₙ
       ˎˊ- ₛₜᵣₐwbₑᵣᵣy ₘₑₙₜₒₛ

    ―     act one                  ✧˖*°࿐   cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₑₗₑᵥₑₙ                   ˎˊ- ₛₜᵣₐwbₑᵣᵣy ₘₑₙₜₒₛ

                         ╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ATHENA HART LOVED MANY THINGS.

She loved music and croissants, the color green and the sound felt tips makes on paper, the smell of rain and collecting postcards. She loved an abundance of things, finding that disliking something took too much energy. So, she tried to like as many things as possible.

Then there was Halloween. One of the few things Athena Hart disliked—no, hated. For the first twelve years of her life, Halloween didn't exist and instead it was just her and her brothers birthday. For the first twelve years of her life, she celebrated her birthday with her family. On her thirteenth birthday is when that stopped.

There had been no time to spend on celebrating the day someone was born when you were undercover. There was no time to buy gifts or make a cake. So from then on, October thirty-first became a day the Hart twins dreaded.

It was when Allister Hart died that things changed. One year after his death, Cassidy Hart suddenly found it in her to sing the twins happy birthday. Maybe it was because she felt guilty for never celebrating them or she was trying to make up for the fact she could no longer be a mother for her, the twins didn't know. She simply would sing to them and that was all. Still no gifts or a party or even a cake.

Jennifer Jareau had been the one to call the younger girl and urge her to come join the rest of the team at Rossi's mansion. She sat in the girls apartment for three hours, trying to convince her to come. At one point, she even offered to do Athena's paperwork for a week. Athena only agreed when JJ mentioned that Henry and Jack had been asking for her, the best babysitter ever. That was when she finally complied.

Her costume took minimal effort, she just stuck a pair of bear ears on that she found burrowed under her bed. It was a miracle she was putting any effort, honestly. But then again, how could she not for two of the most adorable kids ever?

"Miss Theny is here!" Jack and Henry called out the moment they opened the door to her, both jumping forward to envelop her in a hug before running off. It was evident Athena was good with kids, maybe because she felt she was still a kid herself sometimes.

Before entering the mansion fully, she made sure to check her phone once more. Just in case, you know. Not because she secretly hoped that her phone would be blowing up with messages from people wishing her happy birthday. No, definitely not that.