Chapter 34

Trinity Whitestone.

First empress to have married Fisk Laquerriere. She claimed to be Odhran's biological mother. She's a woman with nothing on her background aside from being a Baron's daughter of the South, the outskirts of this Empire.

Inis na tiningnan ko si Trinity, while playing with Odhran in the crown prince's garden. I stayed hidden behind the bushes.

"What exactly is your emperor thinking, letting that woman who no longer is the Empress and not even blood-related to the Crown Prince." Nagngingitngit kong anas kay Ruth na pormal lang nakatayo sa gilid ko. This crazy-

"What's the sense of hiding when anyone could notice you standing there!" Hinila ko siya sa tabi ko at sabay kaming nag manman.

"Perhaps the Emperor is concerned with his highness, at this age the crown prince must be full of questions regarding his mother."

"Am I not enough?" I could be his father too if he wants. But I get what Ruth is trying to say.

"A silly question your majesty."

"Indeed it is." I nodded and get back to spying on the witch. Tiningnan ko ng maigi ang mga kilos niya at paano niya pakitunguhan ang batang alam niyang hindi naman sa kanya nagmula.

"I think she's planning to be the Empress again," I commented with a sharp gaze. There's no way that a woman like her would only want to look after a stranger's child.

"The Emperor is not a stupid Empress. He can see everything on what a person had in mind." Ruth said.

Right...then what is this woman's agenda for suddenly showing up.

Ayon sa nakalap kong impormasyon, Trinity Whitestone only became an Empress for a year. Tsk. Hindi ko alam kung bakit kailangan pa niyang pakasalan ang babaeng 'yan when he can lie impregnating a random woman on the street.

"The elders--I mean the chancellors are forcing His Majesty to be married at the time when the previous Emperor Odysseus died, to secure the throne and the imperial bloodline, masyadong natakot ang mga matatandang iyon na mawalan ng tagapagmana ang trono o kaya naman mapasa iyon sa Duke of Fletcherson. Sa madaling salita, a marriage of convenience, the emperor chose a woman without good background and connection as the chancellor wanted, a pawn Empress that was easy to dispose of once not needed. That's the role of Lady Trinity Whitestone." Mahabang litanya ni Ruth. Napahawak ako ng sentido. So many issues with the Imperial Family and such that my head is breaking apart.

Pero hindi padin nasagot ang tanong ko kung anong ginagawa niya dito.

While walking back to the Empress's palace Ruth talked about nonsense, like how Trinity was the only surviving ex-wife of Fisk, because their contract only last for a year until the whole Empire recognized Odhran as the Crown Prince. Pinalabas nga nila na nabuntis ni Fisk si Trinity bago ang kasal.

They divorced quietly and Trinity never showed up again in society. Vanished in thin air.

The next empress was then sent to murder the Emperor and the rest is history.

__________

"Your Majesty..." Lady Ezra Waylen suddenly barged into my office. Napalunok ako ng laway. Her face is telling me that it's  bad news.

"The Chancellors requested to have an audience with the Empress, Your Majesty."

Nabitawan ko ang hawak na panulat, lumipad ang papel na nasa kamay ko papunta sa lapag. Man, that's more than bad news.

The Chancellors are the advisor of the Emperor and Empress, they are the ones who maintained the balance of the ruler's power over the people. I had been called once before to remind me of having an heir.