Chapter 50

3 years since I came back in time without memory of my past, once was my future and now became my possible destiny.

That day, I woke up having a nightmare about how a woman died in my arms, she seems so dear to me that I did not know the reason why. I also gained power that I never once have. A power that unbinds me from the clutches of my manipulator, none other than Grand Duke Ysmael himself.

The day I take control of that power is the day that the Grand Duke said goodbye to the surface of this Empire. I killed him and everyone that takes me as their puppet Emperor. With the power I miraculously acquired, I killed them with my own hands. And peace starts to befall upon me.

Ngunit kakabit ng kapangyarihan ay isang kondisyon. Whenever I touch people, I get to see their past life so I prevent having skin contact with anyone.

I know this woman whom the elders suggested to me to have as a wife is no different from the others. She's cunning and always been wanting the position next to me. Becoming the Empress instead of her sister was the original plan of the chancellor. She's an infamous noble lady that causes all the trouble just to get my attention.

I don't quite comprehend the history of our relationship but over time I grew to dislike her even more. She's just like every woman, women are alike, and their soul is connected to one source of life, that must be the reason why this Pfieffer Rosenberg lady is no different from the rest.

Habang mas lalo niyang pinipilit ang sarili niya sa akin ay ganoon naman kalaki ang namumuong pagkadisgusto ko sa kanya. She blurted words about what I promised her when we were young and dumb but portions of that memories had vanished that time a woke up years ago.

"If not Your Highness, then I won't be married for the rest of my life!"

"If that's what makes you happy Lady Rosenberg. However, remember that I don't love you. I can't. I will not. And will never offer you my heart. Ever."

Ahh. I remembered saying that to her face. But I say that to the old and real Pfieffer Rosenberg. But everything changed during our wedding ceremony, I intentionally removed my gloves during the ring insertion to barely touch her hand and see what this woman was like in her past life, however instead of seeing and hearing things that I shouldn't have, my world falls into silence, a tranquil feeling that I never experience after 3 years. That's when I know that this woman became different after she fell sick, which truthfully turned out that someone pushes her onto a balcony and she miraculously survived. That's when I knew that something is wrong with the peculiarity of Pfieffer Rosenberg.

Napatingin ako sa kama kung saan nakahiga ngayon si Pfieffer. Ikalawang araw na ngunit hindi padin siya nagkakaroon ng malay. She was currently lying prone, her head and upper body elevated by some pillows because of the wound on her back. I did everything para matanggal ang lason sa katawan niya, searching for the most reliable physician, most talented magician, and healer within this empire but none of them was able to cure her. Now my wife is suffering from the pain though unconscious, her heavy breathing and facial expression tell it all.

It's poisoned no one knows the origin of. Even the witch Maylin whom voluntarily went here to help the Empress had no idea where this type of poison came from. It's a type of poison that slowly killed the host. Maylin just slowed the poison's capability to spread fast in Pfeiffer's body.

I can't even have my power heal her wound cause her body reacted harshly with excruciating pain.

"Can I at least relieve her from pain?" I asked the witch.

"No. When she can't feel anything we wouldn't see the indication of her body's response to the poison. We need it to monitor her condition."

That's the worst. Now I get to see how hurt she is.