Chapter 41

A week from now, a ball will take place in the main palace. According to Fisk, it is for the grand celebration of a new start of this empire after the unsuccessful coup d'etat and everything that happens to us. Also, it is his highness the crown prince's 8th birthday.

"Mother Empress!" Excited na kaway ni Odhran mula sa kalayuan. He seems fine now, he was in a state of shock these past few days but I think he coped up faster than expected. Now he's back to his training ground. I just wave back at him.

Ruth--Rayne Rutherford rather was given a position at the Crown Prince's Palace. My Ruth was no longer a servant that will serve us. The Emperor has given her a title of a noble. Aside from being the Crown Prince's mother, she now became the Duchess of Rutherfordom, Fisk bestowed Ruth her dukedom.

Umalis na din ako pagkatapos masilip si Odhran. I must not disturb him, he seems taking his swordsmanship seriously.

Napahinto ako sa paglalakad. Wala akong ibang kasama dahil gusto kong maglakad magisa, but strange is that I felt like somebody was watching my back every time I'm all alone.

I look behind me. I see no one but trees, cleanly cut bushes, and well-grown flowers.

"Delric Lauenstein? Why? He's dead."

Gumaan ang loob ko ng malaman ko iyon mula kay Fisk. But why the hell I'm still anxious? No, it's nothing. We are now in a peaceful era.

"Your family? Who knows. Your sister's power is to adore for."

That he said when I asked him about the Rosenbergs. Not that I'm concerned about them, they treated me no good, but I was worried about the possible silly things they might decide to do. I hope they'll remain hidden in silence.

Napahinto ako sa paghakbang ng makita ko ang pamilyar na tao ilang hakbang ang layo mula sa akin.

The Duke of Fletcherson.

"Duke Ystad." He smiled warmly. Everything around him glows, and his blonde hair turns to gold as the sun's rays reflected on it. Does his hair always been blonde? Comment down below.  Hindi ko napapansin but it's what makes him perfectly handsome.

"I Greet you with glory, Your majesty." He bowed politely.

"Good day. Looks like the Duke had some business around this area." Napatingin ako sa paligid. It's far from the main palace where the Emperor resides.

"No. I just wanted to see your majesty the Empress." He honestly said.

"You don't mean that Grand Duke, it is creeping out a married woman such I if you happen to not have any business with me." I plastered my business smile.

He chuckled. So manly. Darn.

"If you want to walk me back to the Empress's palace, I don't mind." I shrugged and walk away. Humabol naman siya ng lakad sa tabi ko.

I'm planning to have my dress fixed today by the most famous atelier of this Empire as per Fisk's order.

Wala sa oras na napaangat ang tingin ko sa kanya nang biglang magbukas siya ng payong saka ako pinayungan. The sun shines brightly and is slightly scorching, he could block it with something by the use of his power instead of doing this like a couple. Napangisi ako, If Fisk were to witness this bet he will be dismayed.

But what was this man's power anyway? All I know was he contained magical power but does not know which type it is.

"I'm curious about one thing."

"Feel free to tell, Empress."

"What is the Duke Prowess anyway?" Naalala ko noong sinalba niya ako sa forbidden forest. The light back then brought warmth that I could not explain.