Chapter 49

I met her when we were a kid.

Nagababakasyon kami sa outskirts ng witzlar when I bump into this young girl while wandering from nowhere, in short, naligaw ako.

"I'm Pfieffer Rosenberg, and you?" She said confidently.

Tinitigan ko lang siya. She's a spirited person, I'm curious kung saan niya nakuha ang pagka carefree niya, careless as well to trust a stranger she just met, she could die young from that.

When I examined her whole being, maputik ang laylayan ng damit niya maging ang suot niyang boots. Napakadungis din niya. Mas malinis pa ang mga alaga naming hayop sa palasyo.

"You're dirty." I blurted.

"No. I'm Pfieffer and your name is?"

She's being annoying.

"Fisk."

"Wow. Your name is well...how could I say it. Ugly." She said and I was triggered.

"Compared to your face, it's not awful." I smirk.

"Then I won't help you find your way back!" At nagmartsa siya paalis. Hindi ko na siya napigilan kaya masama ang loob ko na sinundan siya. Tsk. Masyado bang halata na naliligaw ako sa lugar na 'to?

"How did you know I was lost?" Tanong ko habang sinusundan siya sa lubaklubak na pababang daan, hindi ako sanay kaya palagi akong natutumba at nadudulas.

"I never had seen a face that ugly in this area." Anya na nagpainit taenga ko sa pagkaasar.

"Hey! Mind your words! A young lady shouldn't be talking like that to a young man." I said.

"Just like me, Your just a child for me too." Her mouth can't be shut off.

"This kid-!" It looks like Im years older than her and yet her manners are unrefined. Expected from a commoner.

However, after many days, I found myself seeking her presence. Kaya sinuyod ko ang buong Witzlar para makita siya. I almost accidentally bumped someone by my carriage, and unexpectedly it was her, the girl I was been looking for, looks like she was in a run and has bruises and unhealed cuts everywhere on her frail body. Napuno ng galit ang kalooban ko nang masaksihan ko siya sa ganoong kalagayan, I didn't expect that a free-spirited girl like her would have this kind of life.

I saw how she was miserably mistreated by her family, and was left behind with nothing. Eventually, I became good friends with that brat.

"You'll come back right?" She asked me while we were both sitting on the grass, eyeing the sunset on top of the hill where we could see the vast land of Witzlar from its outskirt.

"Yes. I will one day help you escape this cruel place."

"Promise?" She asked.

I nonchalantly nodded.

But promises are meant to be broken. I never got the chance to fulfill it as the problem of the imperial family grew bigger and came to its worst. Sa madaling salita ay nalimutan ko ang batang nagparamdam sa akin kung paano ang maging malaya kahit na maging siya ay nakatali sa pangalan ng kanyang kinikilalang pamilya.

After marrying lots of women just for the crown prince's sake the name of one woman resurfaces in the high society of nobles. Pfeiffer Rosenberg, daughter of count Rosenberg from the Witzlar city.

"You should marry this woman, your majesty." Said one of the chancellors, my uncle, the current grand Duke of Fletcherson. Ysmael Laquerriere. Marriage after marriage, one woman to another. I got tired of it all. This man dictates it all and I couldn't do anything about it.