Ferris Wheel

first request 🥳 thanks @V1rgilTheRat for the request :)

Noel's P.O.V.

Today's the day, the entire choir was going to our town's Fall Fair! I had special plans for today, but I don't even know if I want to go through with them if Ocean's going to have us all stuck together for the day. You can never tell with her. That was until we all got there and we ended up sticking together for the first hour playing games. To my understanding this is how Ocean's family "always does it." I can't tell if this means she views us as family or if she's trying to torture me.

I was planning at the very least confessing to Mischa today, I'm not even sure if he's into boys but I'm willing to risk it today, at least I would be if Ocean wasn't there. You see I have no issue at all asking a guy out in front of the choir, but Ocean has a tendency to ruin it for me. Not even because she doesn't like me, she's just plain old bad luck! She's a true bitch in my case.

The entire time we wandered through the fair and games I had zoned out not even bothering to annoy her today, until she finally said something that peaked my interest, "Okay since we've peaked around all the games there were we can split up with the buddy system and go do something we each care about!"

Okay well now she's not being a bitch, then as we all let out our groan in agreement because of her organization, I watch her buddy up with Constance and take Ricky along with her. And the girl, whose name I think is Penny if i remember correctly wanders off on her own, completely ignoring Ocean's words. That leaves me and Mischa.

This feels like it couldn't have been more perfect! It really couldn't have been at the moment, being the hopeless romantic I am I took this opportunity to let him show me what he likes first to see if I could end the day in the perfect way it was in my head.

"So where do you want to start first?" "Start at the shooting gallery? Then make our way around the rides?" God we sound like clueless idiots, but he seemed so nervous and I couldn't even pin point why. Last night I watched an old french mystery film, and usually that makes me become a mini detective myself and normally I'm really good at that. But I couldn't think of one reason to be nervous around me right now!

"Yeah! That sounds great." So that's what we did, I'm not great at the shooting gallery thing so I just stuck by him and we held up some small talk for the time being. By the time he was done we just walked around and found the cotton candy cart.

"Do you want any," he asked me and like a complete dork I had to say, "only if it's pink!" I don't even know why I said that! I wouldn't have cared if I even got any, what is wrong with me. If anyone else was around I would've turned to them and face palmed but instead I followed him to the cart and stood there silently until I noticed he was trying to pay for me.

"You don't have to do that you know, I can get it myself!" "No no let me, my treat." And as cliche as it is we ended up in a mini war about who"s paying for it, then I lightly slapped the hand with his money away and I paid for it. I may like him but I don't lose! Ever! Unless it's gym class but that's not the point. But I think after that my heart just melted when I heard him start laughing.

I can promise you my heart was going to beat out of my chest, it just felt so unreal. "So where should we go next?" And without even thinking I offered the bumper cars, and that's what we did. We saw Ocean so in the cart we shared we made sure she was the only one we bumped into.

After a while we went through almost everything except for the roller coasters because I had admitted to the fact that after I heard about some roller coaster accidents I was too terrified to go on one. 

Then when it was almost sunset we only had one thing left, the ferris wheel, I had offered it to him and he agreed, but I noticed his face was white as a sheet. Though that wasn't until we had already got on.

"Are you okay Mischa? You look pale." And he put a hand on top of mine.

"It's fine, I'm a little scared of heights but I'll make it." So we just made sure that he didn't look down so he didn't freak out, and by the time we made it to the top I realized it was time. It was now or never.

"Can I tell you something without you feeling different about me after?" "Of course." Then I looked at him and looked down, fidgeting with my hands. "Don't feel pressurred to say it back but, I like you a lot. Like, so much more than friends. I get you're probably not into guys but i just wanted to tell you before it ate me alive." Then he just looked at me, with this smile. That perfect smile and he laughed at my rambling.

"I like you too Noel," and he squeezed my hand reassuringly, "I really like you, if you want we could go out sometime when I'm not too horrified to look down." And he laughed again and I just smiled staring out into space.

"Are you okay?" He asked me in complete concern, "Yea, my soul just left my body and went back in. And yes, we should do something soon." Then we came to the ground, not letting go of each others hands and going back to the entrance with everyone else waiting for us.

"Sorry, we were a bit busy." I chuckled out

It's done I hope you enjoyed it!

-Maxine :)