Close To You

u guys are gonna get a shit load oh chapters soon bc if u havent heard, both conan and taylor are releasing albums in april and im so excited but for now I have a ricky x reader request to get to so tysm to those whe request work from me, i have a perfect dolls request in the works also yes I did 100% make this thinking of 34 seconds of an unreleased gracie abrams song that im gonna need her to release right now and its not even relevant to the story

basic y/n criteria applies to this story, no set gender, race, or anything of the sort is applied to reader unless specified otherwise. 

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.:

Space is a funny place to be, with that conscious reminder in the back of your head that me and my friends are dead. And Ricky, that's not to say I don't view him as a friend! It's just that we have a different kind of friendship. The weird kind where we flirt with each other and we're both completely aware we feel something for each other but we won't say anything about the obvious tension it can create sometimes.

We're dead, we don't need to sleep. To be fair I'm not sure if any of us could if we tried. What would be the point? Why would we even wake up if we're already dead. Well I think I'd wake up just for a guarantee that I could see Ricky be more at ease as the lack of life settles in him. But the ginger girl I was fortunate enough to call my friend when we were younger(God knows why we aren't as close as we used to be) calls my attention away from my thoughts.

"Earth to (Y/N)! You can't keep staring at him all day, or night or whatever."

"Technically we aren't on Earth anymore!" I can hear Noel in the background, just to spite her. Over the years we've grown close enough to be considered found family. Anyways back to Ocean.

"I'm just saying it's completely pointless for you guys to have this weird thing going on and do nothing about it. Really it's getting redundant and I'd love to add and say we don't have forever but we unfortunately do and I'm just getting sick of the pining."

"Ok wow, rude. Can't you just support the delusion like Noel does?"

"Of course I can't, I would if it wasn't ridiculous!" And before she can ramble on about how she can't take the pointless banter I walk off muttering about going to Noel about this instead.

After a while of talking to him about it we have come to a conclusion. I'm hopeless. Completely and totally hopeless. Really, all the stars would have to align for me to do anything about this. According to Noel the fear is a good thing to have, to push me in the direction of getting somewhere with this. But the problem is I'm too afraid.

And just as we finish talking about the fear, he walks by. And it almost makes me mad that I'm too afraid to do anything. God forbid I can tell anyone how I feel. Hell when I was alive I couldn't even tell the lady at McDonald's that I wanted no onions on my burger.

I'm actually pissed about it, back when we were alive and I was mad about things I'd rant to my childhood stuffed animal. But even Frank isn't here so it's like I have all this anger and no outlet. Honestly, I'm not quite sure I could even talk to him about this, I don't think there's anyone here I could ever talk to about how I want to go home and curl up in my bed.

I don't get that luxury.

I do get to be obviously upset and have no one say anything about it though. Well, other than Ricky. The only reason I know it's him is because through the tears that I hadn't even noticed were welling up in my eyes I could spot what could only be his shoes. They were the only pair of pristine shoes in this hell hole.

"Y'know I don't love being confined here either. I may be more free here, but I'd still rather explore than stay in the warehouse."

And he could ramble on about how he missed home too but I can't even say anything. I don't know if it's because I'd choke on my own tears or what, but I just can't bring myself to say anything. I just sit there, listening to what he misses from before we died and what he doesn't. Except all I can think about is how something as stupid as a stuffed animal could make me realize he knew me better than I thought. I didn't even have to say anything to know  why I was so upset.

Maybe the stuffed animal isn't as dumb as I thought. The stars may not have aligned, but they were close enough for a moment of comfort from him. That works too.