Idle Town

i got a mischaxreader request and i love conan gray, this is the outcome of my autism pairing with my writing

Reader's P.O.V.

"Hey Mischa, are you still awake?" I sat up in the grass while stargazing with my boyfriend of 6 months. It's so weird saying he's my boyfriend but it's what he is so that's what I'm going to call him.

"Yes?"

"Do you ever wonder what's going to happen when we graduate? I know we always talk about leaving town and going far from it but what if that changes." I say, probably stumping him since he's already tired as is. It's pretty late out so it's perfect timing for stargazing since it's so dark, but that also means it's perfect timing for me to start overthinking like I've done every night since middle school.

"Sometimes, yea. But sometimes it's better not to know." I really admire Mischa, from what I know he has big dreams but doesn't seem to be completely disappointed by the fact that it's not a guarantee. I don't understand how he can be ok not knowing.

"How do you live with not knowing how everything's going to play out?"

"I try to not think about it, but life moves pretty fast," he pauses to sit up and look at me. "If you don't stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Did you really just quote Ferris Bueller?!" I say struggling to not burst out in a fit of laughter, I got him to watch the movie a couple of weeks ago but I didn't expect much of it.

"Yes, and either way it's true! You spend too much time worrying (y/n), enjoy being young while it lasts." He makes a good point, he actually makes them more often than you would think. If anything he's smarter than he lets on, both mentally and emotionally. Mostly emotionally though.

He's never ceased to amaze me. There's a lot going on in his brain and I've always found it fascinating. Brains themselves are incredibly complex and interesting, but there's something about his brain that makes me want to open his head and look at his brain like a neurobiologist. I mean this in the least creepy and insane way possible. His brain and my brain are complete opposites in how we think of things and it has done nothing but intrigue me since I met him.

"But don't you ever worry about this? Like what if we don't make it out of Uranium, what if-" my what ifs ramble on and on. My brain is filling with nothing but anxious thoughts while he does his best to comfort me by just hugging me. It sounds like bare minimum and it doesn't make the thoughts stop, but it slows them down. He slows me down.

"I just want to leave this idle town."

"I know you do, we all do."

Years are going to pass by like it's nothing, and one day whether it's death or moving we all get to say good bye to this idle town. Too bad for us it had to be death.

yooo im actually proud of this, what world are we living in i actually like smtn that i did even tho its fairly short anyways go stream conans discograohy bc its kinda short and amazing ALSO WINNER COMES OUT THIS FRIDAY AND IM SCARED