Cheerleaders!

OK so before you question anything i feel like i need to explain a lot about this bc well it might seem strange so uh here ya go: so my fav shows are boy meets world and girl meets world and my fav episode of girl meets world is when riley tries to become a cheerleader and i thought it would be a rlly good way to bring up a story of just the choir being friends and my headcanon of ocean not being athletic but not caring

Ocean's P.O.V.

Today is the day! First day of cheer leading tryouts, this day comes around every year and no one thinks I can do it. I get so excited for it anyways and I always try out. "Today's the day!" I yell out as I run into the kitchen to see the faces of my parents and my best friend waiting for me. My dad has a look of terror on his face, I can tell he's dreading this but I don't care.

"Oh no. No, no, no. Not this again." Mom's not excited either, I still don't care! No one will kill my spirit! Cheer leading is the classic teenage dream that I have as well as many other girls my age have. 

"Ocean, you really don't have to do this."

"Constance, I promise this year I have full control of my limbs and now my mind tells them what to do and they kind of listen." Then I get on the couch, I start doing the cheer, but I didn't even get to finish because I fell backwards and off the couch.  

"Fine, let's get this over with."

*time skip*

We enter the gymnasium, and the coach is praising all the girls who have been on the team for years. I want to be one of those girls. I've always wanted to be one of those girls and I could be one of those girls very soon!

"Good job Samantha."

"She's the worst one here." I tell Constance, she can tell I'm not being serious. I'm full of pep today and no one can kill my mood!

"She's the worst?" Her voice is filled with sarcasm, I've never heard Connie talk like this before.

"Well, she's the one I have to beat to get on the team."

"Explain to me why you do this every year."

"I'm here for your entertainment pleasure!" I respond full of confidence, worst case scenario I fall and bruise my butt. I'll be fine. Right?

"How many years are you going to do this to me?"

"What could I possibly be doing to you?" I don't get it? What could I be doing to my best friend by trying to achieve my dreams?

"Listen to me while I say this okay? Every year I have to tell you you're good at this Ocean. Every year you fail and I have to promise you that you'll get it next year. But these are the same girls since kindergarten cheer! They've got more experience than you, these are the same girls who make the team every year."

And after that little speech, we let try outs begin! Try outs have three days, day one applicants will be judged based on coordination (according to Constance I do not have that," day two is tumbling, I tumble just not on purpose. Again according to Constance. And on day three they see how you dance with the team. And Constance has no faith that I'll make it to day three.

"All right, today we have thirteen ladies trying out, I only need twelve. Ocean make this easy and leave the gym." You see there's this thing called the coach doesn't like me. Last year she said she hated me but I don't think she actually does.

"Ocean, no one else is trying out because she already has her team! Why do you put yourself through this?"

"Just have faith in me please."