Always Welcome

OKOKOKOKOKOK I HAD A GREAT IDEA FOR THIS so now i present to you jane/pennyx gender neutral! reader in an 80s fame au bc if u cant tell based on previous rants I LOVE THE 80S AND I LOVE WRITING ABT OLD STUFF IN GENERAL so i now present to u, ur life if u were dating penny when shes an actress in the 80s

Y/N's P.O.V.

Penny's walking me home from our 3rd date I think it was? It's not our first date but definitely an early date. I haven't been keeping track because if it's a date with her I'm happy so it doesn't matter to me! Though I'm always sad when the night comes to an end. Who wouldn't be?

I enjoy walking through the city with her. And it's even better when it's like right now because she's holding my hand and looking slightly down at me. But I can't really tell if she's looking down at me because she wants to or because she doesn't want anyone to notice her. Footloose came out a little less than a month ago and she's been getting swarmed lately so we've been having to keep things more on the down low right now. To put it shortly if anyone notices her both of us are so fucked.

Sure I've done big stuff recently too but none of it has been as big as Footloose. Anyway, after a few minutes of walking we noticed some people following us so I yanked on her arm and we picked up the pace. By the time we got to my place we both ended up panting because we started running a while back.

"Do you want to stay a bit so you don't get caught up in that mess?"

"Please, I really don't want that right now."

"I'm the one who asked, make yourself at home." I said with a smile creeping on my face as she followed me to the kitchen, where I proceeded to pop the top off a coke bottle. "Want one?" And she nodded her head.

"So what do you want to do tonight?"

"That depends on what we can do in a small apartment."

"I saw a record player, we could dance for a bit." And that's when I knew this girl already pinned who I was, she's a mastermind if she figured that out so quickly.

"Take a look at my records, find something you like." While he went to look I plugged in the fairy lights. I had a moment of realization. She'd notice I own some kind of embarrassing music on vinyl. I don't understand why I find my music taste so embarrassing it's just how I've always been. Maybe that's just the kind of person I am but it's still strange to me.

"You have Cyndi Lauper on vinyl?"

"Yeah, does that bother you Lamb?"

"Just didn't peg you as a fan of hers."

"And why not?" I questioned her, well more like interrogated at this point. Gotta defend my girl! "I'll have you know she's my favorite."

"Damn okay," She said as I heard him put the needle on and walk over to me with a hand out, "May I have this dance, (Y/L/N)?" I recognized the song and I swear I went five shades pinker than usual. You see anyone could play Elvis for me and that'd be great but she made it feel different. Penny makes a lot of stuff different, but better. I know that's so cliche but I don't even care.

"Of course you can, go easy on me though. I wasn't in some hit dancing movie." I said as I wrapped my arms around her neck and she wrapped her around my waist.

She let out a groan of frustration, "dang that takes part of the fun about it, why can't I tease you a little bit?"

"Never. By the way I may or may not have been talking to some of your friends while you were filming." And she just smiled, I swear her smile could blind me from being this close.

"Oh, were you now? That's crazy because I was hoping to talk to yours."

"You can do that but if you stop seeing me after that I wouldn't blame you." I chuckled, it wasn't really a joke but given how great she is I wouldn't blame her if she did.

"Nothing could do that, I really like you. I wouldn't do that because of some weird story from you in highschool."

"I mean you'll know everything if you talk to my friends." They will seriously tell her everything if she asks. My friends have this weird need to tell anyone I like even slightly all about me because they believe that if the person stays that's how they know the person's good enough for me. It's sweet but it also sucks.

"Well, I'd rather know everything than nothing."

"Good for you, I still don't blame you though." It took me a minute but I eventually got a peek out the window and saw how late it is. She's either staying the night or about to sneak out and take every shortcut in alley ways to get home.

"Hey am I good to stay the night? It's getting late and it looks like I either die on an alley way or crash here."

"You'll always be welcome here."

DONT U DARE THINK THAT YALL COMMITTED SIN AFTER I JUST DIDNT KNOW HOW THE HELL TO END THIS ONE DEAL WITH IT ok im sorry i really loved this idea and i needed it to be made bc i need more 80s aus written, rtc or not i love a good au that takes place anywhere from 1950-1990 bc im a geek for this shit