Feeling Better?

ok so this is one of the stories from the google doc i was talking abt but i changed up the names bc it was originally a daniel larusso thing, still love it but it felt good to have a bit of fluff given ive had a bit of chaos going on in recent chapters but i have a bit of requests now so ty to everyone who has put them in btw the songs there just bc its soft and i like it

Penny's P.O.V.

Today was a really bad day at school. I'm not getting into it right now though because I have to organize Ocean's flash cards because she let me borrow them for my science class. I may be in advanced science but it doesn't mean I study for it often. Goddammit why must I be smart. While I'm lost in thought I hear tapping on my window.

You see that normally wouldn't scare me but you see, I'm home alone. Mom's at work, Dad's wherever he goes every Thursday, and Ocean's at her part time job. So it's just me and the flashcards, alone, with me gripping a dictionary for defense with my phone charging in the kitchen. So I may die. How lovely!

Then I hear a familiar voice shouting. "Jane! Are you there? It's very cold out." So I open the curtains and look out to see Ocean standing outside, with no jacket. No wonder the idiot's cold. "Ocean? What are you doing here, shouldn't you be at work?"

"Let me in and I'll tell you." So I run to the front door, while he's already standing there after my quick walk there, I see his ankles wet from the deep snow near my window. I let him in obviously, there's no way I'd just let him freeze out there. "So what are you doing here?" I said leaning against the counter while the Keurig started making some hot chocolate to warm her up.

"You seemed sad today and you weren't answering your phone when I tried calling you earlier and I got so worried, I wasn't thinking so I just ran here."

"Ok but you could've just knocked on the door." I'm just trying not to start the conversation of why I've been so down and I figured this would work for at least a little bit. "Well I figured if you weren't answering your phone you may not even answer the door. By the way, why weren't you answering your phone?" So I have to answer that first.

"Ok, one I wasn't answering my phone because it was out here charging, two I would've answered the door because I always do, three what if I was out doing something? Then you would've frozen out here, and fourth and finally it's adorable that you were so worried." And by that last part she was covering her face but her ears had a red tint so I knew she was blushing at this point.

"Ok then, so what's been wrong lately? You've been blue basically all week?"

"You've been talking to Noel lately, haven't you, otherwise you'd never say 'I've been blue'. I get you have a high vocabulary but you don't really say stuff like that."

"Yes but don't change the subject."

I don't see why she cares so much about this and that's what I told him. "Of course I care, I love you why wouldn't I care?" And now it was my turn to be red as I grabbed her the mug of hot chocolate. "Now tell me what's wrong so I can help."

"Look honey, it's just been a rough day for me." I wasn't wrong so I technically wasn't lying to her but she caught on immediately. Why god why does she have to be so smart. "Ok, well what's been so rough about your day."

"No, no, don't worry about it, it's a stupid reason."

"It's never a stupid reason if it's making you upset." I love her so much so I just gave in, what else can I even say to hold it off at this point? "I just flunked a quiz today and my grade went down severely, then my day just went downhill. It's just caused me to think negatively about myself because whenever I have a bad day I just think it's all my fault. So really if it's normal for me then it isn't a big deal do really don't worry!"

"That is a big deal, you shouldn't have to be that upset over one bad grade."

"But I am, I'm trying to prove that I'm more than the forgotten one, that I am good at things! I just want to be known for my achievements while I'm still in this town."

"Then tell me what class it's in, I may be able to help you study for it?"

"Babe, I don't want you to tutor me in English. I'm sorry."

"That's okay, because you know who can?"

"Please don't offer yourself again."

"I was going to say Noel, then he wouldn't laugh at you for the bad grade."

"Well yeah he could help but you don't realize he's one of my best friends and totally would." Me and Noel love making fun of each other, if you didn't know we were best friends you'd think we were assholes who hated each other. "Okay fine, what do you want to do then to cheer you up?"

"I don't know, my plans for tonight was to finish organizing some things you let me borrow then wallow in self pity." I probably sound so pathetic right now I almost feel bad about her for even knowing me.

"How about I take you for a drive around town? Or we could watch a movie?" The drive around town doesn't sound too bad but I'm almost positive she doesn't have her license yet.

"Depends, do you even have a license?"

"No.."

"Okay then I'm driving."

"Whatever gets you to not be so sad tonight." Then all I could do was smile at her and write a note for my family so they wouldn't worry about me if they came home while we were out. I doubt it, but you never knew.

So we ended up driving all around town, we both had jackets on because we kept getting in and out and walking around a little bit too. This time when we stopped we were at the dock, and the ice and snow on the lake looked beautiful with the moon shining on it. "It looks so beautiful tonight," I said with a smile on my face, feeling better about my shitty day. All because she was here, she makes me feel like less of a piece of shit.

"You look more beautiful than the snow right now, that's hard to beat you know?" I chuckled and lightly shoved her arm, it's super cliche but extremely cute when she does it. She really knows how to make me feel special. "I'm serious!" She continued on, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I couldn't help but look at her when she stopped talking but she was already looking at me, then I felt the butterflies I get whenever this happens or whenever I look into those green eyes of hers. She can say I'm beautiful all she wants, but I'll always view her as the most beautiful person on this Earth.

I bet both of us think that about each other. That's the purest form of love though, at least I think so, "why are you looking at me like that?" she asked me, with a look in her eyes that I feel like I don't see often, pure admiration.

"I'm just thinking."

"Want to tell me what you're thinking about?"

"Nope, but I bet you could guess."

"Hmm, you're thinking about how much you're grateful to be alive now that we're out and thinking about anything other than your mistakes?"

"Close, but I was more thinking that I love you, and that you still give me that feeling of butterflies like you did when we first met."

"I love you too, Penny"

"I bet I love you more."

"Not even possible" And I just leaned into her shoulder, slightly cold because we're in Canada. "Can we go home now? I'm freezing and have some stuff to finish up."

"Let's go home then," she then kissed my hand, then my forehead, then my cheek, then a quick kiss on the lips before we ran back to my car. Truly the best night ever when we still lived in Uranium City, Saskatchewan.

im of firm belief that i will forever be the #1 perfectdolls shipper so take it, btw im sorry that oceans probably super out of character bc like i said it was originally abt daniel larusso sooo take what u get, plus like i said i got more stuff