Chapter 5

So, I made sure to wake us earlier than usual today, so that we'd have time to pack everything and write the note.

Doing that in our pajamas was the funniest thing, because only now did Jay notice just how much stuff he had bought. I was laughing at him so much my sides hurt, I mean he just looked so lost in the middle of all these piles.

After some time, I managed to pull myself together and help organize the clothes in different categories. Like short sleeved shirts together, or sweatpants, or like suits.

After some time, we were late on our usual schedule so we had to run around getting ready, Jay's staff looked amused at our misery. But because of the amount of stuff we had to give Daniel, we agreed to have the staff drop it to us so we could give it to him on his way back to his house. Jay was surprised to know that I knew where Daniel lived.

"I also know most addresses of most of the close people around us... And all the teachers... And basically all the school's staff... And maybe I did some snooping around in people's backgrounds that were connected to the close people around us... And I might have some blackmail folders on everyone previously listed... A lot of blackmail folders actually..."

I sweated a bit as I awkwardly chuckled while Jay looked at me with his jaw dropping.

But he quickly put himself back together as he realized we were still late.

So we zoomed to school on his motorcycle.

...

At the end of class, we were now standing there, with one duffle bag, waiting for Daniel. Some guys agonizing from us beating them up not far from there.

Thought, just when I saw Daniel walking towards us, I vanished as Jay got distracted.

So everything went like in the webtoon, thought both Jay and Daniel were really confused as to where I went. Jay because I was with him and Daniel because Jay didn't seem to know I wasn't there at first.

So Jay also vanished just then and joined me in the alley where his bike was parked.

When he inquired as to why I left him to give it to Daniel on his own, I just smiled, a light shadow falling on my face, not answering.

I mean, I know he likes him. It was pretty obvious in the webtoon. Even now, when I'm here, he always gets distracted by Daniel.

I can't be selfish and sabotage his moments with him, just because it hurts me. I love Jay, I really do.

That's why I have to do everything I can to make him happy.

He deserves to be happy.

Well maybe I'm already quite selfish. I know he likes someone else but I stick to him still.

Maybe I'll allow myself to be selfish, just a little bit... Until he pushes me away or walks away from me, towards Daniel.

Until then, I'll just... Be a really selfish bastard.

...

The next day, me and Jay had again, both slept at his place. So we went to school together again.

Here came Daniel through the door, just like in the webtoon. Everyone was drooling, but I turned my head to look at Jay, just admiring him while he wouldn't notice.

He turned to me and we both silently laughed at the weirdo trio obsessed with money-o.

When Daniel came to us to try and thank us or something, we pretended to be studying together. I opened the book previously in preparation for that. He just gave up and went to his seat.