Chapter 9

The next time I wake up, I seem to be in the hospital, my ribs bandaged. My head is fuzzy as I try making out sounds around me. Suddenly there's a bang before someone pushes me back to lay down. I turn and see Jay.

I can't seem to wrap my mind around anything. They must have given some hardcore drugs. He sits on the side of the bed, asking me some things. I just start smiling wildly trying to put my hand to his face, but being too fuzzy to do it. He grabs my hand and presses it against his cheek himself. I just go bright red, covering my face with my free arm.

He chuckled and moves to lay down with me. I just go back to sleep.

...

So turns out I only passed out for one night. But then I was too much on drugs the next day to be responsive. But now I was better. I was just pissed at how quickly I lost.

This time, when Jay came to visit me. I was nervous. Because I had debated showing him this for a while. And I don't fancy spending 2 months in the hospital if I could solve the problem now. So Jay came in, and sat on the bed next to me.

"Sunshine, if... I had a way to solve all my injuries right now, would you be okay with it or would that scare you? I mean... If I was a monster, would you be scared?"

He looked at me for a bit before telling me that he wouldn't be scared. I take a deep breath, hoping he was really sure about that one. I start holding myself up as you can see my rib area phasing in and out of existence. Jay stares at it frozen.

I grab his hands and put them to my newly healed ribs. Trying to see if I had just fucked up the nicest thing I've ever had in all of my existence.

He looks up at me after a while, not talking to me, just staring.

I start to get real fucking panicked. I was about to let go of his hand and try to run when he grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. Not asking me any questions. Just holding me.

I pull him into me more as I bury my face to his neck, trying but failing to stop myself from crying. He rubs circles into my back as I just let it out.

We get up and he goes to pull me to go home before I stop him, reminding him that I'm supposed to have broken ribs, how are people not going to be suspicious of me if I just get up and go. He just reminds me that we have money. I stare at him for a bit before I just sigh, going to the bathroom to change into clothes. He then takes me home. We lie to Zoe and tell her that it wasn't as serious as they previously thought. The documents about my hospitalization get changed to say that my ribs were only lightly bruised.

We go on to keep living our life, visiting Zack in the hospital every so often.

...

The vacation was slowly approaching. When Jay suddenly got out of his bathroom wearing only a bathrobe and asked if I wanted to come with him to travel a bit. I agreed. He asked the same question to Zoe but she said she'd go back to her parents house, so we wished her a good time.

...

We were at the station when we met big Daniel.He rambled a bit about his destination and everything. Jay looked at me, asking if it was fine with me. I nodded and we went to change our ticket.

Daniel, oblivious as he is, didn't catch on to what we did.

...

We soon arrived at the destination, we let Daniel lead us to his friend's place, I didn't mind the neighborhood. I mean, last time around I was middle class, but I had a lot of friends that were on the poorer side. So I'm used to these environments.

We got to the place and I naturally went with the flow. Jay looked shocked and looked at me questioning why I wasn't too. I just shrugged and told him I'd tell him another time.